Newbie AR-15 user stock question

Jeff In TX

First before I ask this question let me say my new AR-15 is going to be used for varmint/deer/wild pig and not for CQC or LE.

I have the standard A2 stock on my new Left-handed DPMS 20" Bull Panther AR-15. This is my first AR-15 and I've been to the range one time so far. Does anyone make a longer length of pull AR-15 stock that will give me a standard length of pull that I'm used to on my bolt action rifles?

I have my new IOR scope as far forward as it can go and I'm still having to pull my head back on the stock so I can see through the scope clearly.

My next move is to put both sets of rings on the rear tube of scope so I can move it about another inch or so forward. Having a standard size stock would really help.

Any suggestions??

hello.there is a few things you can do. first there is a piece that goes between the reciever and the butt stock its about an inch long. they were made to bring A1 stocks to the length of an A2. it comes with a longer stock bolt.there is also an extention piece that goes under the but plate these come in 2 sizes 1 inch and half inch,if thats not enough the other thing is you can get an extended scope base.

Jeff, this may help you. You can run a collapsable stock on that rig now, if you want.

Magpul has a great offering that will allow you to set your LOP as you wish. Magpul makes a high quality stuff.

Magpul Industries

Hope this helps!.sakofan..May get one for my Bushmaster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.