Newbie and lovin it

oilfield-trash

Had jeff300 put me a rifle together over the last couple of months and oh man does it shoot. 300 ultra mag on a savage action and barrell. Jeff floated the barell and built the rifle from there on up. Granted I have never shot a rifle over 100 yards and I have been bow hunting for over the last 20 years.

100 yards dead on, 300 yards dead on, 750 yards on my second shot hit the 12"x12" steel plate. I AM HOOKED!! Jeff has told me there is a welath of info on this site and it is so true.

Jeff I am so pleased with all the effort you put in this gun but im ****ed because your gonna cause me to spend thousand of more dollars on this new hobby.

Cant wait for my elk hunt this october......

PS
I did miss a hog by 12 inches at 780 yards cause we had the windage off al ittle. But thats o.k., it was only my 5th round out of the gun.

First of all, welcome to Long Range Hunting.

I'm glad you got a shooter and that it's working out great for you. Sounds like you're hooked and you are right in what you said about it getting expensive.;)

Good luck with your elk hunt this fall and be sure and post pics of the elk if you are one of the lucky ones.

You should get some pics up of your gun so we can take a look because if you didn't know, when you get a new gun pics are mandatory around here.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.