Newbi and some scope recomendations?

isu600rr

Hi I have read many of the threads on here about scopes, and well i also need help deciding what kind of scope that I should get,

Im looking for some things between $$0.00-600.00
i would like to have something around 2-24 power no less than 16
w target turrets and Mill or MOA
its on a savage fcp-k 300 wm for target most of the time and some hunting

probly need to know what your max range you plan on shooting will be need to decide what magnifcation range to be in 4-16 or 6-24 are common more exspensive scopes have bigger ranges like bushnell 6500

The Bushnell 4200 Elite scopes are very good in the optical department and are easy on the wallet. I do nto recomend 24 power variables in the inexpensive models, because resolution is more important than power IMHO and experience.

Look at the Hawke Sidewinder. In your $ range. IR red & green, Tac locking turrets inc AO. Free BC program. 30MM tube. Lifetime warranty. I just got a 30 SF 6-24 X56 with the SR pro reticule - it is on a 308 Rem 700 HBBL free float, pillar bed. WOW!! Almost total dark and can shoot 300 yd targets no problem.

How much longer will glass be anything but a nitch market? The Tackpoint started the end and when Remington brought out a limited product with it (yea @#$#@@ expensive) was the first nail,

IMHO 5 to 10 max years the camera type scopes will rule the market and be dirt cheap. The camera chips are already a mature product probably $0.50 in manufacturing quantities.

Think about it. Film camera? I doubt if you can get a good SLR new one. Same revolution has started in scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.