Newbe confused

Enzo

I shot my rifle a A-Bolt 300 wsm at 600 yrds today . Chrono. showing avg 2775 fps 190 Berger VLD Hunting 63 grns H414 200 yrd 0 Vortex Viper LR HS. Drop chart showing 11.5 MOA . Gun was 15'' low at 600yrs moved up to 14 MOA , and shot a 2 1/2'' group at 600 on target and was very pleased. Got back home and verified drop it showed velosity being at 2550 . Not sure what can be wrong. I might have to recheck 200yr 0 ?????????????????????

Check everything, your zero, not likely off that much. Your drop chart and inputs, moa seemed similar to my 325wsm. Scope adjustment on dial up,box test. Verify at 100 dial accuracy. Did you lazer 600? lazer off , or set to meter, that would =656 yrds and need more dial up.Scope on right power for dial if sfp.

A couple weeks ago I had about the same problem. At 975yrds, I was hitting about 3moa low , with my 260 rem/6.5-20x44 Viper pa, shooting 140vld at 2800fps. After shooting through the chrony again, I realized my speed was only 2705fps. The last time I chrono'ed it was last summer, and I'm thinking that there must have been a big temperature differance, because I didn't log the temp. back when I came up with the 2800fps. I was also wondering if the click value on the scope was accurate. If I find the click value is not exactly what is claimed, I guess I will adjust the velocity on the drop chart to match my POI at 200ydrs and 1000yrds, and then verify inbetween. I'd check 200yrd zero and rechrono.
Hope this helps.

What a dummy !!!!!!!!!!! New Zeiss rangfinder set on Euro not US . Drop chart much closer now. Thanks fellas .. Go ahead let me have it . On the bright side 2 1/2'' group at 656 is lights out 4 me

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.