New Yote buster

Iclimb

Well this wasn't too much of a build. I got a barreled action in 25-06 ackley. Rem700 adl w/23" pacnor. It was an older action, but really clean. I worked the trigger over, picked up a B&C Alaskan, p&g bottom metal; bedded an egw base on it, leupold mark 4 rings. I just got done shooting the duracoat (combat black) had to do the action and bottom metal, turned out decent for the first time. I do like the color. See how it turns out. I'm concerned the barrel isn't long enough to take advantage but...
Should be fun.

Good to see another .25-06 Ackley shooter. Still waiting to get mine back from the smith. Already got some fire-forming loads loaded up with some cheap bullets I don't use that I got from a buddy.

The 23" barrel might be a little short for max velocities, but I think you'll like the .25-06 Ackley round. Can't wait to get mine back and start load developing and coyote hunting.

I'm going to try oatmeal loads tomorrow.

Good to see another .25-06 Ackley shooter. Still waiting to get mine back from the smith. Already got some fire-forming loads loaded up with some cheap bullets I don't use that I got from a buddy.

The 23" barrel might be a little short for max velocities, but I think you'll like the .25-06 Ackley round. Can't wait to get mine back and start load developing and coyote hunting.

I have a 25-06 AI as well. Fun gun to shoot. Mine has a 26" Krieger, and shoots the 115 Berger at 3350 fps with H1000. 7828 was faster but not as consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.