New xp stock warning lots of pics

ewallace

I maid a new stock for my xp-100 this morning though you guys would enjoy seeing a pic or 6
P1000711.jpg
P1000712.jpg
P1000716.jpg
P1000717.jpg
P1000718.jpg

Good lookin and a bit unique.......

Some questions:

Did you use hand tools or something like a CNC thinger?

How much does it weigh?

I used manual tools I milled out the barrel Chanel this is a prototype I will be cutting them out with a duplicator this stock is 3 pounds and is for a xp-100 action with a 18" barrel I am going to chamber up the barrel today 6x47 lapua and bed the action hope to do some load development tomorrow. I will post some video and pictures

It is designed to shoot off a 3" rear bag and a 3" fount rest for Bench Rest I am working on a 3" front and 1/2" rear for the regular bunny ear bag also.

I have a 6" version also here is the pic

Last edited:
ewallace,

Zat you in the vid?

The video brings some questions to my ol' noggin':

It gave the appearance of "return to battery" capability. Or was that hand pressure returning it to position.

Recoil seemed to be excessive in rear movement. However it was perfectly straight back. Why not a more aggressive brake?

What scope and eye relief is shown in the video?

I really liked what I saw on the video. Have been kind of interested in a SP and the vid kind of blows on the spark a bit.

I think I'd better take a closer at Ernie's rest.

Thanks for posting

ewallace,

Zat you in the vid?

The video brings some questions to my ol' noggin':

It gave the appearance of "return to battery" capability. Or was that hand pressure returning it to position.

Recoil seemed to be excessive in rear movement. However it was perfectly straight back. Why not a more aggressive brake?

What scope and eye relief is shown in the video?

I really liked what I saw on the video. Have been kind of interested in a SP and the vid kind of blows on the spark a bit.

I think I'd better take a closer at Ernie's rest.

Thanks for posting

I hold it lightly when firing the SP and after the shot I am pushing it back to battery
The Sp in the Video is a 30 Nawakwa with is a 338 lapua imp that has been shortened to 2.500" shooting a 210g SMK at just over 2900 FPS
The scope is a 8x32x56 nightforce rifle scope dont know the eye relief
I have been thinking about making one of the other designs of brake I make for that SP but have not got around to it yet.
pic of the cartage with some to others compare
4690DSC00608.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.