New XP Project

BLASERMAN

I have in the works collecting the pieces.
XP 100 action
Wilson arms Chrome-Moly Barrel
Lenth to be Decieded
Thinking about a joel Russo Laminate Stock
Chambered in 300wsm

Any help on what Brake to use or What lenth of Barrel.
Also what scope and Mounts . I am not afraid to use a normal Rifle scope , I know you have to watch the eye relief.

check out XPhunter's latest XP's both have brakes and are using Leupold Mark IV scopes. you can see them on the SP forums or he may post here if he reads this post. both guns are exceptional, You will also like the 300 WSM, I have a HS in that caliber, I will post a pic of it as well.
nmhunter

BLAS, I use Vias brakes. They are the best brakes I've ever used. I would use a Nightforce NXS scope, rings, and base if it fits your budget. I would go with one of Joel Russo's stocks. I am having a 300-WSM built too, however, it's a rifle. I am having it built around Norma 300-WSM Brass and the 125grn Ballistic Tip. What kind of bullets are you going to use. The 300-WSM is an awesome cartridge with great potential. The Norma brass is really uniformed. It sounds like it's going to be a nice project.

Wildcat

I am thinking of a 165 or 180 gr bullet . I have a 1-10 twist barrel.
I just bought a Nightforce for my 7mm STW a 5.5 x 22 x56
with a R1 recticle.
I would like to use a 3.5 x 15 x 50 R1 in the money falls Right.
I sent Joel an Email about a Yellow and Black Laminated Stock , Looks like a yellow Jacket.

The 1-n-10 is a good twist as it will allow you to try some of the longer VLD type bullets. There are a lot of good bullets available in .308 I have been trying several of Bergers VLD's from 155 to 210 and really like them.
As hshunter said you might want to check with xphunter concerning the brakes as he has used a couple of different ones.
I have a Vais brake on my XP in 7.82 Patriot and it does a great job in tameing the recoil.
Good Luck on your project

You bought the set up off Ernie, did you not .
I was going to by that Barrel but work got slow and money Dryed up for toys at the time.
I thought I might try some of Richard Graves Bullets.

here are a couple of pics of my 300 WSM HS, it has the HS Brake on it. I shoot the 165 gr BT. well pleased with the way it shoots.
DSCN0114.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

nmhunter

I like the Vais, but I think the Holland QD does a better job of felt recoil reduction.
I would also like to try one of Shawn's Defensive Edge brakes to they are similar to the QD but there are no ports on the top.

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I called Shawn and had a short visit. Looks like a "DE" is in my future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yep bought the barrel off of Ernie, ordered a McMillan stock and then sent it off to Greg Tannel for accurizing.
My XP is down right now, I sent the Leupold 2.5x8 off to Spralins to be refinished in Matte Black to match the rest of my XP, that gloss blue just got to me.
Like the 7.82 Patriot except for the cost of brass. I recently picked up another 40 pieces and had to go to the bank to pay for it. (just kidding).

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I called Shawn and had a short visit. Looks like a "DE" is in my future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the business end of the DE brake on my APS XP-100.
APS%20XP-100-2%20_6_.JPG

Man!!! what a view, pull the trigger and it would sound like "THUNDER". Dan, how is the recoil with that brake?
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.