New worlds record at 1000yrds

338believer

Matt Kline broke several world records for 1000yrd benchrest at williamsport.pa today. New 10 shot record 2.81 inches perfect score 100 6 shot agg score pf 99 for 6 matches. and the list goes on. Conditions were not great rainy and overcast. he shot the record in the second relay. Matt holds many records.

Matt was shooting a 300wsm heavy gun 210 berger bullets This is going to tough to beat. Sierra finally lost out. I still favor sierra bullets.

Congrats to Matt. He deserves it. I would have loved to been the one in the pits scoring that target for Matt. It's fun listening to him in the rangemasters box.

I shot a personal best 6.89" group there Saturday with my 6.5-284 Light Gun. This is my first year shooting 1000 Yard comps and have been told that Williamsport is probably the toughest range you will ever shoot long range on.

That's unbelievable! My personal best in HG in the IBS was under 5 inches. Man that's great shooting.
To the guy who said Williamsport was one of the toughest ranges, I agree. I competed there many times with only a few relay wins but when I shot In Quantico, Remington VA , NC I did much better. Maybe it's the additional 27yds...na just a little tougher to read conditions I guess

They have some crazy landscape up there. There looks to be about a 50ft elevation dip with a couple hills coming in both sides of the lane. A lot of trees on both sides also. That would definitely keep it interesting.

Tank

Matt Kline broke several world records for 1000yrd benchrest at williamsport.pa today. New 10 shot record 2.81 inches perfect score 100 6 shot agg score pf 99 for 6 matches. and the list goes on. Conditions were not great rainy and overcast. he shot the record in the second relay. Matt holds many records.

Sounds like Mr Kline is a shootimg machine. But, rain and overcast is GREAT weather for shooting 1K!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.