New World Record Target shot (3720 yards)

If it's not repeatable then really what have you done?

i'm hitting 4,000 meter targets with pretty good repeatabilty. do i get a new world record? i am using a 105mm projectile and the target is pretty large. since there are no rules to the game, that should work, right? btw, i get similar cheek weld to the russian.

i'm hitting 4,000 meter targets with pretty good repeatabilty. do i get a new world record? i am using a 105mm projectile and the target is pretty large. since there are no rules to the game, that should work, right? btw, i get similar cheek weld to the russian.
But you don't list your velocity and cartridge in metric. LOL..I would rather see your video and the impact. Anyway you could make a video. That would be cool..

But you don't list your velocity and cartridge in metric. LOL..I would rather see your video and the impact. Anyway you could make a video. That would be cool..

Muzzle velocity 472 m/s (1,550 ft/s)
Maximum firing range 11,270 m (7.00 mi)

we typically shoot charge 5 and i haven't dared to put one of those rounds through my chrono. i have enough trouble getting a 30 cal through those uprights.:D

we use the M101A1 105 Howitzer for Avalanche Mitigation in both highway and resort applications.

we generally don't put any of our mitigation efforts out on the web, but sometimes we post the effects if visibility is there.

Back when we had the 105mm recoilless and 75mm recoilless the videos were great. We mostly shot with visibility and used HEPT (tracer) rounds. in the early daylight you could both track the round and see the slide.

Cool, but do you do it suppressed?:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 16
It seems this has started a sort of healthy competition (or i hope stays healthy) and the American team has contacted the Russians and said they will be attempting a record breaking shot again.

The Texas shot Jim made wasn't actually a record at the time even though they state so (I think?) as this article shows:

Texas Shooter Nails Target at 3650 Yards with .375 CheyTac « Daily Bulletin

I'm interested to see the extreme shots put out by these guys, regardless of what country they are from.

Here is an update from one of the photographers from the guys over at Texas. Though he wasn't the one actually recording, he was there. Here is his response to me asking about it and if he was the one who shot the footage.

"No that would be Michael Bettersworth of Butter Films...I was there for that event. BTW Jim was back in Texas this week and was successful at hitting the 36" steel at 3800 yards. about an inch from center. Michael also filmed that and new video will be produced."

Let's support these guys for the incredible videos they have given us.

I agree...lets support these guy's in their effort's to get out and try these shots and maybe teach us something while doing it...remember all things are possible if you try hard enough! Good shooting Guy's.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.