new with a 300rum

ryan olsen

my wife just bought me a loading press and dies for my 300rum. many of the loading books i've found dont have any info or loads for this gun. I'd like to work up a load. any suggestions? I've got a savage model 112.

The 200 gr Accubond seems to go very well in my .300 RUM, and I am using Retumbo powder, loads for the Accubond seem to go from 88gr of Retumbo through to 94.5gr of Retumbo. It would seem that Hodgons data for a 200 gr bullet is as good as useless as they use Barnes X bullets for there testing so powdre charges are way down !!

You might want to check out the latest Hornady and Nosler manuals. I seem to recall there being Ultra mag info in both. Also, check Hodgon's reloading magazine, they'd have some info. While your at it, you may just want to take some stock in Hodgon, you'll be going through a lot of powder...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.