New Winchester Model 70

ColonialBuff

Other than the new winchester-guns.com site, I have not seen any data on the new M70 built by FN. Since I sold my Mark V, I have needed a new rifle. Any early scoop in these rifles? They sound good, except for the stocks.

Several of the gun magazines have written about them. Slightly modified controlled feed action, similar to the Pre-'64's.

Good reports so far.

Bill

I purchased several of them over the last 5 years. I do not have a pre 64. I have been very pleased with the quality of the ones I have. I hope they continue the tradition.

I have shot a couple tactical rifles mde by FN , and their actions are great , just like a well built pre 64. I jst hope that they don't eother price them out of the market or cut the QC to meet the market value.

Thanks for the help.

Guess I spend too much time at the office playing accountant and should be reading more. Thanks guys for the help.

I shot the new rifles on a couple of occasions and they are excellent. Big change is a new trigger system that works great but so did the old one. Workmanship on the samples we had was excellent. We shot several calibers including .308, 30-06 and .300 mags. We had walnut stocked sporters and walnut featherweights - stocks looked exactly the same as the originals. They will be slow coming to market, there is still a wait period because of a union contract. May is when they hope to start, some will get out for hunting season but who knows in what volume. Hopefully lots, they looked real good when we had a go at them.

They dont list any left handed on their web site. I bought several over the last few years in left hand. I am glad I did. I have really enjoyed them. I would assume they might make left handed ones later after they get their first year under their belt.

Gander Mountain still has a lot of left handed ones if you want some.. Thats where I have been getting mine.

I just bought one in an auction at an RMEF banquet. Model 70 Super Grade RMEF 25th Anniversary Banquet Gun in 325 WSM. I dont have picture posting figured out yet but I can say it is one beautiful rifle. havent got a chance to shoot it yet but I cant wait.

Other than the new winchester-guns.com site, I have not seen any data on the new M70 built by FN. Since I sold my Mark V, I have needed a new rifle. Any early scoop in these rifles? They sound good, except for the stocks.

I waited for one for over a year and finally gave up and got a sendero. Lots of advertising by winchester but no availability. I'm kind of glad I got a sendero because who knows what quality the new m70 weather extreme would be if they finally made it available

I have been waiting a while too. However I am starting to see a few of them (Extreme Weather Model) trickle onto "Gunbroker". I am looking for one in 300WSM but there is no rush for me, I am just goign to wait it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts