New Winchester / browning cartridge

Well, maybe this will encourage some more bullet makers to release higher bc .277 bullets

This is copied & pasted from another another forum. It was post on Tuesday I think:

"If of any interest I called Winchester/Browning; was told that for 2021 the XPR Renegade Long Range SR, model 70, X-bolt, and AB3 will be chambered in 6.8 Western."

Comparing drawings, it looks like this 6.8 Western is .010 shorter than the 6.5 prc. It's also fatter than the prc. It's closer to the diameter of a wsm cartridge. This leads me to believe the parent case is a wsm, shortened with 35 degree shoulder.

Comparing drawings, it looks like this 6.8 Western is .010 shorter than the 6.5 prc. It's also fatter than the prc. It's closer to the diameter of a wsm cartridge. This leads me to believe the parent case is a wsm, shortened with 35 degree shoulder.
Like I said, its a Max with a 35 degree shoulder

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.