New vortex strike eagles

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Looks like vortex is coming out with two new strike eagle scopes. 3-18x44 and 4-24x50.

Contemplating pre ordering on optics planet.

Interested to know if anyone else
Is going to get one?

Did anyone at shot show get to lay hands on one? Wondering how the glass is.

Strike Eagle is one of their lowest quality lines, I wouldn't expect a great optic.

I've never looked at one. They are priced really low. Comparable to their diamondback line? I know those are not very good

IDK how I would compare them? I had a Viper and a Diamondback HP, now I'm selling my last Viper.

I think for a price they would be worth a shot, but I wouldn't bring them on a hunt. Last thing you want is for the scope to go off zero, or not track correctly when you're looking at a great animal.

For range work, or just plinking, have at it.

IDK how I would compare them? I had a Viper and a Diamondback HP, now I'm selling my last Viper.

I think for a price they would be worth a shot, but I wouldn't bring them on a hunt. Last thing you want is for the scope to go off zero, or not track correctly when you're looking at a great animal.

For range work, or just plinking, have at it.
Vipers are built in the Philippines...Diamondback is made in Taiwan or China. Personally, I'd rather have the Vipers.

I have a Diamondback 20-60x80 spotter, and while it's a great spotter, I can't help but wonder how much better the Viper HD spotter would have been for only a couple hundred more. My buddy has a Diamondback scope, and for a budget $150 scope, it's awesome...Blows the old $150 Tasco World Class of yesteryear clear out of the water. But when you look through a Viper HS or HS-T (uses same glass as PST), there is an immediately noticeable difference. I have a bunch of HS-T and Viper HS scopes, and for less than $750, it's hard to beat an HS-T, IMO. Sub-$500, the SWFA SS scopes are excellent. In the $750-$1,500 range, the Zeiss Conquest scopes, SWFA SS HD, and the NF SHV scopes are the best value for the money. And once you get above $1,500 for a piece of glass, budget is no longer in your vocabulary.

Just my opinions.

Thanks for the opinions! I have a razor 20-60x85 spotter. And a 6-24x50 HST. Spotter glass is amazing, scope glass is clear thru all powers but light transmission is terrible in comparison to the spotter for obvious reasons.

I had the strike eagle that first came out. It royally sucked. No matter what you did, you couldn't have both the target and the reticle clear. If you got the target to be clear, the reticle would be all fuzzy. If you got the reticle to be clear, the target would be fuzzy. The higher up in magnification you went, the worse it got.

Should be a good value optic, nice option to the Diamondback Tactical for not much more $. 30mm tube, 6x zoom range, better reticle

Looks like vortex is coming out with two new strike eagle scopes. 3-18x44 and 4-24x50.

Is going to get one?

Is going to get one?

I bought a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 last year on Ebay. It is far better than I expected. Totally satisfied with it. You should check them out.
Vortex Optics
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6 - 18x44mm AO Riflescope, DEAD-HOLD BDC

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.