New Vortex Razor HD LHT VS Leupold VX5 HD

I have three LHT's and don't have any of those issues. That's odd. Of course I've had three VX-5HD's and they are a great scope too. Just don't have as good of a reticle as the vortex.

Great review BFD!

Ya, I'm not an optics snob...but fisheye and edge distortion is a deal breaker for me
I'll check out the VX5's...
I forgot to mention the VX5HD I have does not (or very little) darken or distort the sight picture at max power like most scopes will do. That truly is impressive in my book.

Have no complaints about the glass or edge to edge clarity on the LHT. Conducted a tall target and box test and it passed with flying colors. Sample size of one.

I just bought a razor HD LHT in the last week. Compared that to a VX5 in the store. Obviously the optical quality is next to impossibly to differentiate in a store.

I really like the vortex reticle a lot more than basically any Leupold offering.

The "clicks" on the vortex are in a completely other league from Leupold. Vortex have great detent and are audible. The Leupold was super mushy. BIG difference there, although I will say that I like the Leupold zero stop system. Not that it's any better than vortex's, just something they did well.

I think the other big difference physically is tube size, with vortex being a 3m and Leupold being 34(?). Not a bid deal either way, really.

I don't regret my decision, just can't wait to get some field time behind it.

I think the early 1" LH and newer 30mm LHT are a very good hunting scope but never was super impressed with the tactical quality of the turrets. I have two each….. Early Conquests have about the best turrets besides NF….

Great review BFD!

Ya, I'm not an optics snob...but fisheye and edge distortion is a deal breaker for me
I'll check out the VX5's...
I experience this with lh and lht as well! I'm glad you mentioned it because I thought I was going crazy. People I have complained about it to don't notice. I wonder if it's just our eyes

Recent Posts