New Vortex Range Finding Binoculars with Applied Ballistics

There has been much confusion as to the range of the 3000bdx. Not the range per se, but how far the unit alone will provide a solution.

The only reason I'd grab these is to go to one piece of gear instead of two, my concern is the optics aren't going to be great. I have the razors and was thinking of upgrading this year. Only problem is to upgrade glass and get ballistics in the same unit the only great options are Zeiss and Leica but that's more then double the cost. I just don't want to step down optically as I'm already desiring better then my current razors
Yes, I am going from Leupold BX3 Pro Guides no a G7 BR2500 and I expect these can combine both units into one at similar or better quality for the binos and a better ranging solution than a 7x monocular.

I am debating getting better glass as a stand-alone set of binos to use for glassing and when more detail is needed. If other companies made an AB integrated solution with no tethering I would be a willing consumer.

This is how the Sig 3000 BDX binos work.

The only way that the binos will produce bullet drop data beyond 800 yards is if you enable ABX mode and connect an AB enabled Kestrel via Bluetooth.

They will range to their maximum range regardless whether the Kestrel is connected or not.

I've owned one for over a year and I live in a rural homestead in Montana so I've used these binos a lot. They've functioned exactly the way I expected on deer, elk, fox, cattle, moose, etc..

The Fury comes equipped with on-board compass, humidity, barometric pressure, and temperature sensors so it doesn't need a separate weather device.

rify full blown. Mine (kilo3000) works well past 200

Oh I see what you mean now. Yes would be nice to have temp etc in the binoculars. I still like using the kestrel and Garmin.
It looks like the new Vortex Bino will be like using my G7 Monocular Ballistic Rangefinder, except the G7 doesn't have the directional wind feature, just a full value wind number. So there is no extra device needed with the G7 to get an MOA correction. One button press and you're there. I guess the new bino can be paired with various Kestrels to improve atmospheric data. We will learn more as people can get them in their hands and do reviews, but it looks like a nice advance for Vortex.

After looking at the video, I don't see any real advantage of these over my Sig kilo3000. (Or 2400) You still have to input wind into the device via the App or device. If I need to do this then my iPhone captures the rest (if you have cell service) I'm really no further ahead. The alternative is the kestrel or the Garmin 701. (Less wind other then a high/low value already inputted into the Garmin 701) Not sure if my Garmin inreach will share environmental information as I didn't get around to testing it. Anyone have an answer on the Inreach.

As I have 3 Sig Sauer scopes that takes it one step further by putting the holdover dot where I need it, rig in my scope, I'll stick with this for now. Have used this setup without any hiccups. Also when predator hunting the Garmin is on the wrist of my hunting partner where the firing solution goes right to their wrist. He Loves hunting coyotes with it.

I Do love my my vortex scopes too. Have 2

I'd imagine we won't see other glass Co with Applied Ballistic software anything soon as I'd Imagine Vortex has their rights for a certain timeframe (as I'm assuming Sig did) DOC might be able to answer that. I know I would not want my competition building a better mouse trap if you know what I'm saying.

can't wait to test these out at bass pro.

It looks like the new Vortex Bino will be like using my G7 Monocular Ballistic Rangefinder, except the G7 doesn't have the directional wind feature, just a full value wind number. So there is no extra device needed with the G7 to get an MOA correction. One button press and you're there. I guess the new bino can be paired with various Kestrels to improve atmospheric data. We will learn more as people can get them in their hands and do reviews, but it looks like a nice advance for Vortex.
The G7 is a single device but I don't think it can function as a binocular, so that is needed. I'm looking forward to a 10x42 with the same functionality. I ordered one today and am not selling the BR2500 until I can compare them side by side.

The G7 is a single device but I don't think it can function as a binocular, so that is needed. I'm looking forward to a 10x42 with the same functionality. I ordered one today and am not selling the BR2500 until I can compare them side by side.
I meant the Vortex Bino will be a one button press solution to get a ballistic hold over and wind correction solution like my G7, not the way the optic works. Most other solutions in the same price range require a phone or a kestrel or something additional to get environmental data or additional computational programming.

I'm not sure I want a wind correction displayed in my binocular, just more information to clutter it up. I use wind brackets, which is plenty good for minute of deer to 1000 plus. I like for it to give me the range and number of clicks, then I can estimate the wind on my own. The wind where you're standing is always going to be different than the wind down range anyway.

man I don't like that the vortex sends the data to a garman Foretrex and then wont display the ballistic results in the Fury, only on the foretrex......

1610509761156.png

I would like to know how well these preform in below freezing temps? Anyone heard of any test done in those conditions? I normally have to keep my pocket range finder in a inner pocket for it to work in below freezing temps.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts