New Vortex Range Finding Binoculars with Applied Ballistics

DocUSMCRetired

New Vortex LRF Binos with AB Elite on board. Temp, Pressure, Compass, Connectivity to Garmin/Kestrel and much more.

1610116940276.png

I'm pretty jazzed about these As I think they are an improvement over my BR2500, and will be curious to see the reviews and other thoughts on these. Going to a single device for binos and a ballistic solution with AB is pretty exciting.

Now if only Swaro or others will come up with similar product that is a single unit with AB without the need for a Kestrel.

I would like to share a feature and to answer a question I have seen a couple times. With the Vortex Fury 5000 AB Binos you have the ability to choose where you get the firing solution from. So if you pair them to a Garmin or Kestrel then you can choose to run the solution from the paired device, or you can choose to run the solution internally in the Binos. Just make sure you go through the settings in the app.
Screenshot_20210108-122147_Vortex FURY HD.jpg

The only reason I'd grab these is to go to one piece of gear instead of two, my concern is the optics aren't going to be great. I have the razors and was thinking of upgrading this year. Only problem is to upgrade glass and get ballistics in the same unit the only great options are Zeiss and Leica but that's more then double the cost. I just don't want to step down optically as I'm already desiring better then my current razors

Wow, I bet these will push Sig to get the full blown AB into their 3000BDXs and get away from having the extra unit involved. I will be interested in comparing it to my G7.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.