New VORTEX AMG HD 30 mm tube scope

Litehiker

Vortex recently came out with what may be one of the very best long range hunting scopes.

It's the new Viper AMG HD. AMG stands for Advanced Manufacturing Group, where ALL parts are made in the USA, including the glass. FINALLY, a totally US made scope the equal of top European scopes. Look for several more scope models to come out of this state-of-the-art AMG facility.

In fact with its lighter weight and 96 mils of vertical adjustment in a 30 mm tube, I'd rather have this scope than European scopes in that $3,000.+ price range for mainly hunting purposes. It is lower weight and relatively compact size make it a good match for mountain rifles.

Vortex gets so much travel in a 30 mm tube (only 14 less mils than its 34 mm tube scopes) due to its new lightweight erector lens assembly.

Let's see Leopold match this act.

Eric B.

If you go to the "6.5 Creedmoor Forum" and look under the scopes and optics heading and then look for Vortex AMG scope you can see the photos and comments of "Rob" (a self-described "scope whore") who owns one and also owns the regular 34 mm tubed Viper II HD.

The photos show the two scopes side-by-side.

Vortex recently came out with what may be one of the very best long range hunting scopes.

It's the new Viper AMG HD. AMG stands for Advanced Manufacturing Group, where ALL parts are made in the USA, including the glass. FINALLY, a totally US made scope the equal of top European scopes. Look for several more scope models to come out of this state-of-the-art AMG facility.

In fact with its lighter weight and 96 mils of vertical adjustment in a 30 mm tube, I'd rather have this scope than European scopes in that $3,000.+ price range for mainly hunting purposes. It is lower weight and relatively compact size make it a good match for mountain rifles.

Vortex gets so much travel in a 30 mm tube (only 14 less mils than its 34 mm tube scopes) due to its new lightweight erector lens assembly.

Let's see Leopold match this act.

Eric B.

Web site shows 96 MOA which is 26.6 MILS

ffp and too much power for a hunting scope. the FFP is simply a tactic to placate the tacticool snipers hide crowd. Although this scope does pull off FFP because its high power. I don't use that much power in my hunting scopes

It is lower weight and relatively compact size make it a good match for mountain rifles.

Eric B.

I investigated the weight, out of curiosity, and learned it's still 29 oz. Lower weight for many. Too heavy for me. But it could turn out be a great option for the 11lb plus rifles, which many prefer for long range hunting.

Thomas,

Yer keerect, it IS 96 MOA of vertical adjustment for the Viper AMG scope. I had a brain fart. I was thinking MOA and typed mils. But hey, I'm 73 so give me a break. "Old-timers Disease" strikes again.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts