1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • E6AD2A97-4187-4C0F-91ED-40DFBC620B6D.jpeg
    E6AD2A97-4187-4C0F-91ED-40DFBC620B6D.jpeg
    981.5 KB · Views: 119
  • D92B7C0D-32F6-4A2E-8ABA-201FBCE5B68D.jpeg
    D92B7C0D-32F6-4A2E-8ABA-201FBCE5B68D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
I've had 90% good luck with vortex.
I broke a 3-15lht that was a first generation also so I'm 0/2 with first release lht
I've had 3 vortex scopes. Gen 1 and 2 pst, and a AMG. Both pst scopes had to be sent back for repairs and they currently have my AMG for a parallax issue. I love the company and their scopes but its hard to maintain confidence in a product I know ull have to send back. To be fair though I have absolute terrible luck and have sent stuff back on just about every gun related item I've bought. Rangefinders, guns, scopes, barrels, etc

That's not what I want to hear. I was just about to order one. This is why I've only owned 1 vortex in my life and only for a few months. Not very good qc for a new product launch. I'm the guy that generally would have your luck with this.

@highdrum how useable is the reticle at 22x? Would you classify it more sized for hunting (thick subtensions) or smaller for more target shooting?
The reticle is a little on the thin side at low mag, but usually all ffp scopes with this much mag range are. At 22x it's great, at 4.5x it's quite small but works as a duplex. In low light and low mag power, the illumination helps immensely. I shoot 99% ffp scopes. I have 2 sfp scopes: nx8 4-32x50 and the HD lht 3-15x42. This reticle works really well 10x and above. It's very fine line with ffp. If you make the reticle usable for holds below 8x, it'll be too thick for precision work on small aiming points above 18x due to the reticle being too heavy. This reticles thickness is on par with kahles, NF, minox, zco reticles.

That's not very good luck. I feel like we could be twins separated at birth with that luck haha
Did you get the first one replaced and stick with it assuming the second one (or repair) worked?
The first one was the europtic 50mm #4 reticle. They didn't have any available replacements so they replaced it with a 3-15x42 that has worked so far although my parallax is getting sticky. If this one goes back thatll be it for me and vortex. There's too many competitors in a crowded field to keep using that ole vip warranty

I've had 90% good luck with vortex.
I broke a 3-15lht that was a first generation also so I'm 0/2 with first release lht
The nice thing about that is that Vortex would just send you a new production 3-15 to replace it.

I own enough Razor LHs to where I would need to go count to give an accurate number. Around 12. Haven't had an issue yet.

You guys are just dominating the lemons.
Buy a razor AMG and there's about a 90% chance you'll be sending it back for parallax issues. They have a great warranty because a lot of their customers need it. I personally have owned 3 vortex scopes and a spotter without issue. My brother and father have had a pst gen2's that failed. It all can happen to anyone, or not! Everyone has failures, vortex sells a lot of product, so you'll likely hear of more of their failures. It's a percentage game.

The nice thing about that is that Vortex would just send you a new production 3-15 to replace it.

I own enough Razor LHs to where I would need to go count to give an accurate number. Around 12. Haven't had an issue yet.
is it though? as I said they didn't have any of the scopes that I broke so they sent me a less expensive model that they had on hand and some swag. This is why i dont hunt with these scopes they just go on fun plinkers

is it though? as I said they didn't have any of the scopes that I broke so they sent me a less expensive model that they had on hand and some swag. This is why i dont hunt with these scopes they just go on fun plinkers
They should sent you the next more expensive model in my opinion.