New vortex 4.5-22x50 razor hd lht

Any scope can bend when dropped.

I simply asked what the scope is made of. The real specs that matter. I admit I should have known better. But there are some sharp people here.
Lol. You did, we got down to that it was made from aluminum and glass, obviously. Then you come in and act like it can't stand up to anything because it's made of aluminum. Which makes no sense as plenty of durable scopes are made out of aluminum.

Here's what I understood in what Parkerized posted: (Note: he said light aluminum. The most important word in interpreting his statement)

"If it's going to be a such a light-weight scope, reducing weight by using thin (light) aluminum, will obviously make it more susceptible to damage and impacts. Now if they would have upped the anti by going with some other stronger-for-weight tube metal (titanium), then it could be an exciting development."

Now I'm not aware that anyone makes titanium tube scopes. ;)

Here's what I understood in what Parkerized posted: (Note: he said light aluminum. The most important word in interpreting his statement)

"If it's going to be a such a light-weight scope, reducing weight by using thin (light) aluminum, will obviously make it more susceptible to damage and impacts. Now if they would have upped the anti by going with some other stronger-for-weight tube metal (titanium), then it could be an exciting development."

Exactly my point, why did he make a big deal out of it if nobody is making them out of titanium. As far as the light aluminum goes, Parkerized assumed that that is what it was made of. Which isn't a far off assumption, but assuming that it won't be capable because of it is pushing it.

Last edited:
Exactly my point, why did he make a big deal out of it if nobody is making them out of titanium.
I'm not going to destroy your thread by continuing this conversation indefinitely. I think you're too emotionally involved and still not understanding the gist of what was posted. His point was not really about aluminum or titanium. They were simply "prop words" to a more basic point. Thanks for cueing us in on the new scope development. Let's get some out on trial and come back for "seconds". 😎

This is entertaining. I do not own one but follow many forums and have been very intrigued by the 3-15LHTs. I have read nothing bad about them (except they are vortex which is a weak argument).

This is roughly the same size and same erector (5x) so I wouldn't expect it to be too much heavier than the 3-15 (~2oz I believe) so that is completely reasonable. Can't imagine FFP changes weight that much.

If the general populace (gun toting Americans) have nothing but great things to say about the old LHT and what it offers, I personally expect the new one to be equally as awesome.

Will be a slightly cheaper option than the NX8 and Mark5hd and a few oz lighter. Even if glass isn't as good or it doesn't have NF reputation, it will be a great option for most.

I mostly have only found positive reviews also for the LHT the past several years

So do folks have any failures to report on the established 3-15X LHT model, when used with muzzle-braked magnums? They either survive it very well, or no one is bold enough to discuss internal scope failures with the Vortex 3-15 LHTs.

This is a scope I feel like quite a few people have been asking for. FFP, illuminated tree style reticle with floating center, exposed locking zero stop elevation turret with ample travel, presumably good tracking based on 3-15 reports, good glass, good Mag range, short, AND lightweight. There are plenty of scopes that have all of the above features but are much heavier, or are not FFP. Some of the March scopes have everything but are in the next price bracket that is out of the range of a lot of people. This is the first that has it all in the $1000-$1500 price range that is accessible/ preferable to a pretty good portion of the market. Granted a lot of people don't care about FFP, or don't care about weight, and this may not fill their needs. But this is the first option I have seen that has it all at this price point, and I think it will be very successful.

Some models are, the Razors are made in Japan. The razor AMG is made in USA.

A person should be skeptical of 'brands' these days. Often they don't mean much. Some marketing firm that contracts out the design of a product, and then signs a manufacturing contract to the lowest bidder to actually produce the 'thing'... Welcome to the 21st century.

Fortunately, there is more to some companies than just the brand, but buyer beware, for sure.

Do your research - you know what they say about assumptions...

Last edited: