New vortex 4.5-22x50 razor hd lht

If you use it as a hammer or treat it like a NF on the battle field… probably?
Otherwise, I fail to see how the tube could get bent under normal hunting conditions.
Nightforce is made out of aluminum as well.
7AADCE27-1626-495C-85DB-97ED5B207997.jpeg

I wasn't sure where, that is why I said "I think", for those who don't read.
I was just reading a few hours ago(night shift) , several comparisons, and it was mentioned that Vortex is using plastic, that's why the weight is so low.
Do a little homework yourself, why would a scope be that big, have all the lenses and mechanical goodies to be 5x or 6x and still be that light? And at that price?
Didn't know I was raining on your supporter parade. Do some looking around for comparisons. Some will change their opinion, the fan Boys will buy a Vortex.

I was just reading a few hours ago(night shift) , several comparisons, and it was mentioned that Vortex is using plastic, that's why the weight is so low.
Do a little homework yourself, why would a scope be that big, have all the lenses and mechanical goodies to be 5x or 6x and still be that light? And at that price?
Didn't know I was raining on your supporter parade. Do some looking around for comparisons. Some will change their opinion, the fan Boys will buy a Vortex.
It has nothing to do with that. You are lying and spreading false information. The razor lht is made in Japan, and the erector is made from brass. You never said that you "think" you stated the erector information as a fact. Then said that you believed they were made in the Philippines, which is also false.

I'm not a supporter of any optic mfg. I've got the 3-15 lht and I'm a fan of that optic. If this is in the same class it should fit a lot of roles.

"Do a little homework yourself"

pot meet kettle

Most scopes are made out of aluminum. NF, S&B, ZCO, Kahles, etc etc. The only material I've ever heard of for scopes other than aluminum is steel. Those are extremely heavy and don't accomplish anything over the aluminum scopes.
Making it lighter means less glass or thinner tubes. Thinner tubes aren't as strong. Lifetime warranty no good on the mountain.

Haha, wow, this thread is entertaining...

Thanks for trying to keep it on track, @Erich Lep

I've gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this scope. I have an old razor LH that I have beat pretty hard on. It works great. I have a newer 3-15x50 LHT, I fell on it twice last winter, and this spring went for an unplanned swim in the creek. I went over a small waterfall and the scope hung up on some rocks. The rifle was still slung over my shoulder at that point... I partially separated my shoulder in an effort to tow it along with me.

I did have to rezero after that one...

Before I'm accused of being a vortex supporter, I also have a couple bushy LRHS's...

So saying I am a Light Optical Works supporter might be more accurate. LOW makes scopes for Nightforce and trijicon as well as many others.

Haha, wow, this thread is entertaining...

Thanks for trying to keep it on track, @Erich Lep

I've gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this scope. I have an old razor LH that I have beat pretty hard on. It works great. I have a newer 3-15x50 LHT, I fell on it twice last winter, and this spring went for an unplanned swim in the creek. I went over a small waterfall and the scope hung up on some rocks. The rifle was still slung over my shoulder at that point... I partially separated my shoulder in an effort to tow it along with me.

I did have to rezero after that one...

Before I'm accused of being a vortex supporter, I also have a couple bushy LRHS's...

So saying I am a Light Optical Works supporter might be more accurate. LOW makes scopes for Nightforce and trijicon as well as many others.
Do you want to break it to him? That scope is made out of aluminum. So is NF and all of the other popular scopes. NF and S&B are aluminum and have been used by special forces, and the marine corps. I'm pretty sure if the tubes were bending when dropped, that those companies wouldn't exist anymore.

Recent Posts