New vortex 4.5-22x50 razor hd lht

I have shot behind 5 or 6 of the 3-15×44 LHT. They are pretty nice for the price tag.

Being this has a much better retice, and is FFP and still pretty much the lightest scope in this class, this should be a winner!

A thumbs up from lancetkenyon? That's all I need! I'm in the scope market. This looks like a contender now.

I was really hoping they would fill this niche— I just hope they did it well!! Was thinking this would be an AMG family optic.

Earlier this year they released other scopes and I was hoping for a 4-20x AMG that fits these same requirements. I love my 6-24x AMGs they offer ALOT! I'm interested to compare the FFP LHT and glass next to the AMG.

The SFP LHT was really nice but lost out to the VX5HD because the reticle was really too thick IMO and I didn't care for how the parallax was set up.

I recently bought my second one of the Razor HD 3-15×44 LHT in MRAD for my 25.06 so my gf would have a back pack rifle. The first one is on my 6.5 PRC. It is a great set up for staying light. I like the reticle and zero stop set up on these. I am not a fan of that reticle to busy for me, maybe they will offer an option.

I was really hoping they would fill this niche— I just hope they did it well!! Was thinking this would be an AMG family optic.

Earlier this year they released other scopes and I was hoping for a 4-20x AMG that fits these same requirements. I love my 6-24x AMGs they offer ALOT! I'm interested to compare the FFP LHT and glass next to the AMG.

The SFP LHT was really nice but lost out to the VX5HD because the reticle was really too thick IMO and I didn't care for how the parallax was set up.
This is the boat I am in... I absolutely LOVE my AMG, but would kill to have either a 4-16 or 4-20 version. Unfortunately the 5x ratio (4-20) is unlikely as they said (on the Vortex Nation podcast covering the AMG back when it came out) one of the key reasons the original AMG uses a 4x ratio is that the internal mechanical system is significantly less complex than a 5x or 6x which allowed them to go all out on glass quality and tolerances with better performance in the AMG but still hit a price point comparable to the Gen2 Razor.

Recent Posts