New VLD 165gr & 175gr for 270wsm

Dooner

I'm very new to this so please bear with me:) I an considering the new VLD from Matrix Ballistics in 165gr & 175rg for the 270wsm. These are larger bullets than are currently offered in factory ammo. Does anyone here know whether there will likely be problems with enough room for powder and bullet in this round?

Thanks in Advance

There is room for powder. Retumbo seems to work well with the 165's I have used.

I have not shot the 175's as my barrel has too slow of a rifling twist rate to stabilize them.

Thanks- Do you know what the recommended twist rate for these bullets is? I couldn't find that on their website.

.277 Caliber Rifle Bullets Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics
I know in higher elevations some guys have be getting the 165's to stabilize with a 1:10. But ive been researching these rounds and it seems that 1:9 for the 165's and a 1:8.5 or 1:8 for the 175's should be about right. I currently gathering all the info i can, then ill be working up a load for the 165gr matrix soon.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts