NEW Ultralight BAT Vampire Action

what are you compromising?

It is 7075 aluminum. As someone that makes products out of 7075... I know that it is 60% stronger than 6061. anyone that thinks of aluminum usually thinks of either 6061 or pot metal. 7075 is just slightly less strong than 1018 steel, but at half the weight. Then it's also coated.
So glad you brought this up. I had a debate with those thinking aluminum muzzle brakes were unsafe. After seeing the mechanical properties, it made more sense to them.

Man I get the same thing from people about titanium. It seems to be very proven at this point and I get this new bat action. Now I want a aluminum action with a ti insert cut up like the anti.
The ultimate light weight action.

The stolle panda actions were on the benchrest lines for years and being made of aluminum was never an issue why would it be today

I don't think that aluminum actions are unsafe, or really revolutionary. It is just important to understand what are the strengths a particular material when using it/selecting it for your particular application. For many people, using an aluminum suppressor would actually be better than steel/titanium. If you select materials based upon their strengths, and understand the loads being applied to said materials, you are totally okay. Heck, look at all the polymers used in handguns and such.

I just got my first BAT action (HR) Looks great, super smooth! I will have to check out the vampire for my next lightweight build!

Thanks for the info on this. I'm really looking hard at this action for the build I'm starting.

Should have another one built up soon on this action. I'll update the thread, its been the most popular light hunting action for me so far. Compared it to an Anti I had here. It was 5oz heavier, but the Anti had no scope rail. So they are within a few oz. The anti is a good action too. But they have a very different feel. The Bat does not feel like an ultra light action. Its probably smoother than the full weight steel action they make. So far the trigger timing has been spot on with Jewells or Bixs.

Last edited:
These actions really cool, aluminum body with a steel insert like a Panda. The teflon coating make them smooter than a steel action in my opinion. The timing is spot on right out of the box with the Jewell, and there is plenty of firing pin fall and energy. They come inletted for a cfe-9 wyatts box but I made a spacer and used a standard length cfe box for the saum case. After some tuning of the box and spring it feeds like butter. I bedded it into a McMillan game warden max (now discontinued), its a carbon shell with a version of edge fill that will take any caliber. It weighed in about 28 oz. These actions do have a lot of places to trap air pockets, so they are a little trickier to bed. I used a #5 Lilja 8 twist 3 groove barrel cut to 26". The bullet of choice is the 175 LRAB which should need at least an 8.5 twist to really shoot its best. Overall it weighed in right at 7.5 pounds.
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0122.JPG
DSC_0123.JPG
DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG

Last edited:
Just wondering how the steel insert is mechanically attached to the aluminum action? Do you foresee any issues down the road?
Looks like an innovative idea.

Just wondering how the steel insert is mechanically attached to the aluminum action? Do you foresee any issues down the road?
Looks like an innovative idea.

It's pressed in but they won't give out details on how it's done. Trade secret… ya know?

Are the two action screw reliefs in that bedding completely relieved of the glass bedding material? Not used to seeing those nipples protruding on the bottom of an action...

It unique. If you go to the first post I put up a picture of the bottom of the action. Those bosses are to increase the thread engagement since the action screws are threading into aluminum. Those bosses are bedding into the stock, the screw holes are relived. Its one of the harder actions to bed and not end up with a void since theres so many places you could get one.