NEW Ultralight BAT Vampire Action

I prefer the bottom load. Top load is more "fumbly" if thats a word. You just open the floor plate drop a couple in and close it. You can use a stagger feed box if you want. I use only cfe boxes anymore, they feed so much smoother. You can however setup a cfe box to top load, you need to tweak the feed lips and spring and it works fine, but I still drop them in the bottom, faster and easier for me.

Appreciate the feedback! Good to know ill have a multitude of options with feeding. guess ill see what SAC reccomends. Mahalo brotha!

So you have an aluminum action with steel inserts but still only weighs 3 oz less than a Lone Peak Razor LA, and 3 oz heavier than a Defiance ANti LA..
And they're both solid SS
I don't get it..

My guess is the insert has to be extra heavy to help stiffen it.
Those two action are very cheesed up. And not in a bad way just a ton of extra machining.

So you have an aluminum action with steel inserts but still only weighs 3 oz less than a Lone Peak Razor LA, and 3 oz heavier than a Defiance ANti LA..
And they're both solid SS
I don't get it..

Theres nothing to get. This is another option. Integral rail and lug, durability of steel, and Bat design and quality. I dont use Lone Peaks. Defiance makes a very good action, their Anti-x (intengral rail/lug) is 1.5 oz lighter. So thats a comparable option. In the Benchrest world there is a train of thought that aluminum actions damp vibrations better than steel and tend to shoot better or at least have less bad days. I am one who believes that to be true. Which is why I am very interested in a competition version of this action.

I think I would buy into that theory only problem is all them outshoot me😊. I love all the options.
I wonder how lite a all ti action could get if chopped up like others steel. I'm sure not enough to make the machining worth it similar to aluminum. You would lose very min weight as neither material weighs much.

Theres nothing to get. This is another option. Integral rail and lug, durability of steel, and Bat design and quality. I dont use Lone Peaks. Defiance makes a very good action, their Anti-x (intengral rail/lug) is 1.5 oz lighter. So thats a comparable option. In the Benchrest world there is a train of thought that aluminum actions damp vibrations better than steel and tend to shoot better or at least have less bad days. I am one who believes that to be true. Which is why I am very interested in a competition version of this action.

Interesting stuff, thank you for your input here Alex. I didn't know CFE was possible without DBM, so that is interesting as well. I learn a lot here, so thank you for your continued contributions. You are a real credit to the community.

Yeah there is...
Why would you compromise your action with soft inferior metal like aluminum.
Makes zero sense to save a few oz's when you can get an all steel action that weighs the same or less

what are you compromising?

It is 7075 aluminum. As someone that makes products out of 7075... I know that it is 60% stronger than 6061. anyone that thinks of aluminum usually thinks of either 6061 or pot metal. 7075 is just slightly less strong than 1018 steel, but at half the weight. Then it's also coated.

Yeah there is...
Why would you compromise your action with soft inferior metal like aluminum.
Makes zero sense to save a few oz's when you can get an all steel action that weighs the same or less
Pandas have been around for about 40 years. They are a bare aluminum action body and Benchrest/F-class shooters shoot many thousandths of rounds a year on them and dont wear them out. Stiller made a Viper which was also an aluminum action body. They were anodized like the Bat, I have never seen one wear through the anodize, most with 10 times the round count a hunting action would see in many life times. Anodized aluminum is about 1.5x harder that the steel used in actions. Thats the wear resistance side of it, you also gain cross section area for similar weight so in many cases those aluminum actions are stiffer then steel competitors. In this case Bat claims 30% stiffer than the lighweight steel and 130% stiffer than round Ti actions. My experiences with the aluminum action on the market has been excellent. What bad experiences have you had with aluminum actions that formed your opinion?

Last edited:
Pandas have been around for about 40 years. They are a bare aluminum action body and Benchrest/F-class shooters shoot many thousandths of rounds a year on them and dont wear them out. Stiller made a Viper which was also an aluminum action body. They were anodized like the Bat, I have never seen one wear through the anodize, most with 10 times the round count a hunting action would see in many life times. Anodized aluminum is about 1.5x harder that the steel used in actions. Thats the wear resistance side of it, you also gain cross section area for similar weight so in many cases those aluminum actions are stiffer then steel competitors. In this case Bat claims 30% stiffer than the lighweight steel and 130% stiffer than round Ti actions. My experiences with the aluminum action on the market has been excellent. What bad experiences have you had with aluminum actions that formed your opinion?
Well how about that
You learn something new every day.
I'd never heard that aluminum can be more durable than steel.
But I have heard reports of durability issues with other accessories like brakes and suppressors made from aluminum.

Aluminum isn't as ductile as steel, which is where the "durability" concerns come from. Think aluminum wheels vs steel wheels. There's a reason a sport like NASCAR uses steelies vs the magnesium/carbon fiber/aluminum alloys of other series. Steel will hold strength under deformation better than the more brittle materials. This is an incredibly general statement that holds generally true...

Last edited:
Aluminum bodied actions are nothing new, they have been around a long time and are proven. The body of the receiver is not under any stress. You guys are worried over long proven old tech. Its only new to Bat.