New Trijicon Accupoint 3-18x50

AkBirder300

Saw that Trijicon has released an accupoint 3-18x50 with a ZeroStop exposed elevation turret and a new "ranging MOA" reticle, has anyone held one? I had an accupoint 3-9x40 and always loved that fiber optic reticle. I'm tempted by this scope for a CA Ridgeline in 300wsm for my all around fun up here in AK but have not been able to find anyone local who has one

I am interested in this as well. Hopefully people will start buying them soon to see how they do. They also have a 4-24x50.

I ended up buying the 4-24x50. Love it. Great reticle with the illuminated center dot and 1 Moa hashes. The accupoint illumination system provides pretty much the perfect amount of brightness in all conditions automatically, but you can still adjust the fiber optic light collector to your preference. Only time it's not perfect is when shooting from a very shady area looking into a brightly lit area in the middle of the day. Not an issue for me because the illumination is unnecessary during the day anyway. Elevation turret has solid clicks and a very easy to use zero stop. Covered windage turret is like a smaller version of the elevation with a tool less zero reset. Mine actually has about 116 minutes of elevation travel vs the quoted 100. Parallax is smooth and seems to focus properly when parallax is removed. It has a little throw lever for the Mag ring, but it definitely needs it. It is smooth but tighter than I would like. Glass is exceptional out to the edges. It does darken up past about 12 power in low light but that's a function of the exit pupil. I've been keeping it at 12 power for hunting in low light which doubles the subtensions being sfp. Makes it easy to know what my holds need to be. Mine came in at 27.3 oz and I feel like you get a lot of scope for that weight. There's really not anything lighter that has the same feature set. I went with the 4-24 over the 3-18 because they weigh the same and the 3-18 only has 60 minutes listed elevation travel for some reason. Overall it's a great optic that fit my needs perfectly.

I haven't seen anyone else talking about this optic. I ended up buying the 4-24 in November. I couldn't be happier. It tracks great, solid glass and hold zero (I'm pretty rough on my ****)

Glad you like it. Still not many people giving them attention. Strange with all the desirable features they have. Not like Trijicon is some off brand.

Glad you like it. Still not many people giving them attention. Strange with all the desirable features they have. Not like Trijicon is some off brand.

Honestly it's surprising to me as well, I started looking on YouTube last night out of curiosity, not a single video on 4-24. I thought that was strange

I have always thought so too, their accupoint scopes are a really unique offering but I don't think Trijicon pays "influencers" or marketing companies to the extent some of their competitors do. I'm sure ACOGs make up the huge majority of their revenue though so I guess they don't have to. The other issue is their scopes just aren't that common, I still haven't seen one locally up here in AK and I've been looking around since last year

Agree the trijicon/fiberoptic system if great! I like my 3-9 x 40 Accupoint. It will be a set and use scope.

I have been wondering about Trijicon's turreted scopes. Are they repeatable, return to zero and reliable? Good to hear that you, 264 HMC, like it.

I had my share of Leupolds fail when twisting turrets and won't go that route ever again. Nothing worse than having an erector spring break when twisting to shoot a coues wt long range. Happened twice while hunting and once checking zero just before a hunt. Life is too short to hunt with an unreliable scope.

I own two SWFA HD 5-20 X 50 Illuminated (small red dot) that have a proven track record. I may be getting a Trijicon with turrets one of these days.

The new external turret models seem to have entirely different internals than the capped models. I have helped zero the 3-9x40, 2.5-12.5x42, and 2.5-10x56 Accupoint models that my buddies have and there is absolutely no comparison between the turrets under those caps and the ones on my 4-24 accupoint and 2.5-15 Credo. The new style exposed turrets feel great with really solid clicks and no slop. Like I said above, the capped windage turrets on the new models feel the same as the elevation turrets. They absolutely inspire confidence and are in a different league than the old style. I have only tested out to 500 yards and back and have done a tall target test with those two scopes and they have been true and rtz'd perfectly. I hope to do some more extensive longer range testing in the future but I have no reason to have any doubt they will perform.

The problem is that they make most of their scopes in sfp only. Personally, I'm not buying a scope for more than maybe $300 if it ain't ffp, excluding the nf shv and the leupold mark Vhd scopes that I already own. They might be the only company in the tactical scope game making almost all of their products in sfp.