New toys headed my way.

Camshaft

So I decided to take my 300wsm deer hunting this year rather than my 300rum, I have been contemplating weather or not to, but today decided to go ahead and do it so i ordered a Sightron 6-24x50 for it, the new model with the 10th mil tactical turrets and mil-dot reticle, Im pretty excited about it. Also a set of TPS medium rings, the gun already has an EGW 20moa rail. Also ordered a lace on blackhawk cheek peice to elevate the comb slightly. I was planning on using 165gr Hornady GMX bullets in this rifle but decided to try the new 175gr Barnes LRX. I have some 200gr LRX bullets sitting here, but i think case protrusion would be an issue as my 300wsm has a very short throat and a very short mag. So i have 100 175gr LRX's on the way also. It's looking like next weekend is gonna be a busy one at the range. I ordered 100 or the LRX's because they are new to the market and i'm not sure if i can trust Barnes .508bc so i will be testing it myself. Also the rifle is a Savage Model 16 300wsm pillar and glass bedded in a Bobby Hart LRT stock, and Duracoated #44 Combat Grey.

Yea I'm curious to find out if it really is the ttsx. I was under this impression also. But the more I am researching it, I'm thinking it really is an all new bullet. Plus I can't find a 175ttsx only a 168ttsx. I will know here shortly and let everyone know. If they really do hold true to .508bc they should work quite well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.