New to the United States Triggercam

I could see me really battling to ever get the side shot to work right. I try sending Mario snaps through my scope with my phone occasionally and usually it's a disaster.

Yeah. This is much better then a phone skope. ;).

Is there an effective way to use this on say, an NXS where the whole eyepiece moves for magnification adjustments?

Is there an effective way to use this on say, an NXS where the whole eyepiece moves for magnification adjustments?

Would this work on a Nightforce or other scope which requires the rotation of the whole occular bell for magnification changes?

Scopes where the entire ocular bell turns to adjust magnification will naturally cause the Triggercam to rotate as well. Scopes with a magnification ring which is decoupled from the rest of the ocular bell will work just fine. We've tested on Minox, US Optics, Nikon, SWFA, S&B, Pentax, Vortex, GPO, Konus and many other scopes.

weight? battery life? how much eye relief does it use up?

What is the battery life?
While recording direct to the unit 2 hrs. While streaming over WiFi 1,5 hrs. While standing by 4-5 hrs.

How much eye relief is consumed by Triggercam?
Triggercam eats approximately 1-inch of your eye relief.

it seems cool, but are there any independent reviews of it? just based on this info and its website, id pick the tactacam FTS system. its essentially the same price and already has a great following and outstanding customer service.

it seems cool, but are there any independent reviews of it? just based on this info and its website, id pick the tactacam FTS system. its essentially the same price and already has a great following and outstanding customer service.

Sniper's Hide should have something out soon.

What are the selling points of this versus the other cams like the tactacam?

I just received the Triggercam right before my Utah mule deer hunt. I didn't have time to play with it and feel comfortable at long range until I tested it more. We had a hunter with us who had a Tactacam and shot a deer using it at 661 yards. He has the nicer cam 5.0 and had an issue because the older Vortex PST scope has the reticle lumination dial in the way. He had to modify the FTS mount and didn't like how it attached.

He didn't think the Tactacam altered his point of impact. He shot the deer in the heart at 616 with a 338 Norma.

I don't think the video is very good but it could be user errror.

Here is a video with the Tactacam 5.0

We will testing them side by side soon. I hope to have an answer for you. Triggercam has a couple reviews in the process that hopefully we will gain more knowledge

I did a short little test with the Triggercam on my porch. I kept my voice low because the deer were 220 yards.

Triggercam is going to be at the NRL final in Texas this weekend. If all works out, they might be live streaming the final with two Triggercams.

My concern would be how bad will it affect lowlight performance? It will definitely reduce it, it takes photons out of the optical path to your eye to form the image, it is just physics. How much it will reduce lowlight performance only testing will show.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.