New to the United States Triggercam

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by jdmecomber, Nov 29, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. jdmecomber

jdmecomber Official LRH Sponsor

Another video of the Triggercam in action

2. BallisticsGuy

BallisticsGuy Well-Known Member

I have one. As far as low light performance, it didn't change things enough for me to notice. On the back end of the scope it's kind of like a very very small constriction on my USO SN3 and no change at all on my Nikon P223 or SWFA 16x42 which I suspect has something to do with the size of the ocular lens on the scope compared to the ocular lens on the Triggercam. I've used mine in a PRS match and had no issues whatsoever. The other solutions on the market either seem like erector sets gone wrong or block the view through the scope or are physically so big that they cause interference with other stuff like parallax knobs, levels, angle indicators and dope card holders. Triggercam is the only one that's actually out of my bloody way and lets me look through my expensive scope without ruining the optics that my expensive scope provides me.

WildRose and Ernie like this.
  3. BallisticsGuy

BallisticsGuy Well-Known Member

So I have this ATN night scope sitting around and I've seen some ads for gizmos that basically put a tablet display on top of a regular rifle scope and adds an illuminator and a janky camera thing and you end up carrying around what looks like a very pointy desktop computer with wires hanging all over the place and none of your turrets accessible. So I grabbed my Triggercam and my ATN scope and holy hell is this the perfect thing for getting video of night time hog and coyote hunting. I could put it over the little rubber cup but instead I pulled off the little rubber cup. Now it does add something ike 14 ounces to the package but the ATN scope is like 4lbs already so it's not a big add all things considered.

Talk about compact:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the ATN 6600. I'll have some footage shortly. It's still daytime.

WildRose likes this.
  4. jdmecomber

jdmecomber Official LRH Sponsor

Little varmint hunting

BallisticsGuy and Ingwe like this.