New to the forum

welcome and greetings from north texas glad to have you on board this is an awesome forum you'll love it
I've been hunting for many years but am a firm believer that you never stop learning.

The hunting style in Oz is different to the UK and far more focused around backpack hunting in many areas. When I moved here I had to adapt my hunting style and of course extend my hunting kit!

What's your preferred caliber for long range shots mate?
I'm one of the weirdo's that tries to shoot everything that I have at long range. 😁

That being said, I spend most time behind 6's & 6.5's, although I guess that I'm also a magnum guy.

I am currently working on several 300WM loadings. In fact, just put one of my 300's back together before I sat down to check in here at the forum.

How about you? What trigger do you pack in to do your hunting? How about target stuff, do you spend a lot of time on steel or paper?

I'm one of the weirdo's that tries to shoot everything that I have at long range. 😁

That being said, I spend most time behind 6's & 6.5's, although I guess that I'm also a magnum guy.

I am currently working on several 300WM loadings. In fact, just put one of my 300's back together before I sat down to check in here at the forum.

How about you? What trigger do you pack in to do your hunting? How about target stuff, do you spend a lot of time on steel or paper?
I'm more of a hunter than a steel or target basher, although time on the range is never wasted :)

I'm a big fan of the 6.5 too, although the traditional 6.5x55 Swedish version not the Creed. I get the chance to hunt Sambar down in the Victorian high country a couple of times a year, they are one tough animal! I take my 30-06 when hunting them

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.