New to the forum looking info

just a thought if you are going with the lighter bullets for reduced recoil loads I would look at the mono bullets because you will still be moving them at a pretty high rate of speed and the light weight cup and core may be pretty explosive I would think about the barnes 100 or the hammer hunter 110

I forgot to mention it does have a composite stock
1608324590255.png
1608324623479.png

Ok, you can fit a piece of wood into the stock into which the mercury suppressor is fitted. This is a Savage Axis stock I did for my Granddaughter. Not shown in these pictures is the hole drilled from the front of the wood insert . Into that hole the mercury suppressor goes. The wood insert is a piece of oak ,( grain running fore to aft), I whittled down to a tight fit using inletting ink, a 4" angle grinder fitted with an 80 grit sander, farrier's or standard wood rasp, files finishing paper, and sealed with polyurethane. The suppressor slides into the hole , and another piece screws over top to hold it in place. A screw goes in through the stock from the bottom into the insert and I moved the sling swivel forward, closer to the pistol grip ( thanks Darrel Holland). It too screws into the insert to hold it secure. That's a Pachmayr NON Decelerator recoil pad ( no steel insert) fitted .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.