New to site: My build is finished!!!

ddyrcz06

Specs: Savage action, McGowen 30 inch 1 in 8 twist 280 rem. barrel, XLR stock, SSS trigger set at 18 oz., Vortex Razor HD EBR2-B reticle, 20 Moa base, Harrell precision MB, and I am sure I am forgetting something. Oh she is shooting .3's and .4's pretty consistent with the 162 AMAX's.:D I have used this forum to answer many questions while building, but now that Excalibur is all finished I decided to join. Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 162
Thank you. It is not a light gun at all!!! Empty it tips the scale at 17.5 pounds. I built it knowing I was never going to carry it more then 5 yards from my four wheeler.

I got the stock from XLR industries. It is the tactical evolution stock with a few upgrades. Ambidextrous cheek piece, monopod rail, pic rail and upgraded shelf grip. It ran around $850 I think and the nonupgraded stock was $790. It is undoubtedly the highest quality piece of machinery I have put on a gun! Fit and finish were bar none customer service was second to none, and I could not be happier...minus the 12 week wait.

Nice looking rig!!!
Can i ask what speed and powder are you using to run the 162 A-maxs??
All the best ,
Ray.

I am using H1000 powder in federal once fired brass with CCI large rifle primers. I am seated .010 off the lands so they are long. All my load testing was carefully worked up and I do not recommend starting with out careful load development. Now that is out of the way (lol)! I found that I have two spots that were most accurate in my rifle and they are both over hodgdon max! I am getting 2990 fps with 60.5gr and it will shoot .3-.4 and 62.5gr will hit 3095 fps and do the same. No pressure signs were observed and I have settled with my slower accuracy node for less noise and longer barrel life. Again these were CAREFULLY worked up to! Proceed at your own risk but this is fast accurate and works with a long barrel. Hope this helps!

I am using H1000 powder in federal once fired brass with CCI large rifle primers. I am seated .010 off the lands so they are long. All my load testing was carefully worked up and I do not recommend starting with out careful load development. Now that is out of the way (lol)! I found that I have two spots that were most accurate in my rifle and they are both over hodgdon max! I am getting 2990 fps with 60.5gr and it will shoot .3-.4 and 62.5gr will hit 3095 fps and do the same. No pressure signs were observed and I have settled with my slower accuracy node for less noise and longer barrel life. Again these were CAREFULLY worked up to! Proceed at your own risk but this is fast accurate and works with a long barrel. Hope this helps!

Thanks mate!!!
All the best ,
Ray.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.