New to reloading

whhood

As the title states I am new to reloading. Actually just getting into it. I am shopping for a press now. I like the simplicity of a single stage and will probably go through every step with a couple hundred cases at a time. I feel like I can pay attention to detail a little better this way. Am I wrong? Any tips? Any suggestions on which press to get and why? I was looking at the Lee breech lock but if it's junk I am open to suggestions. I mainly hunt and punch paper a few times a year but looking to shoot more. No competing or anything.

Single stage in those parameters will be perfect. I just bought a lyman kit when I first started. After I got the hang of it I bought nice calipers and a charge master, everything else I still use. I only load for my bolt guns and have no problem making very high quality ammo. I guess my point is don't skimp on the scale or calipers. Additionally I buy/prefer competition dies for ease of use.

Ok thanks. So would you recommend buy just the press and other items separately? I was looking at the kit but I know usually with kits some of the accessories aren't high quality.

4 Hole Lee Turret press. Been at it 20yrs and all I've needed with some 35 different calibers I've loaded for. You set your die measurements up one time and just switch out the turrets depending on caliber.

Depending on your budget I would piece it together, buy once cry once. However, starting with a kit won't be a bad way to start either if you want to get your feet wet before you invest a little more money imo. As far as the press I havnt heard any real complaints about any single stage, others might disagree. I use a lyman and it's great. The rcbs is a very popular single stage as well.

As the title states I am new to reloading. Actually just getting into it. I am shopping for a press now. I like the simplicity of a single stage and will probably go through every step with a couple hundred cases at a time. I feel like I can pay attention to detail a little better this way. Am I wrong? Any tips? Any suggestions on which press to get and why? I was looking at the Lee breech lock but if it's junk I am open to suggestions. I mainly hunt and punch paper a few times a year but looking to shoot more. No competing or anything.
forster co ax

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.