New to reloading. Remington 700 BDL 30-06 loads

Bigsampson556

I am new and want suggestions on best hunting loads for deer out to 400 yards. I prefer 165-180 grain. I know every gun is different and to trial and error but where would y'all start first?

I would start by studying up on what is good quality reloading equipment and what is the most modern and up to date systems. Don't buy kits if you can avoid it . It is better to buy specific gear that is quality and does each job very well . Kits saddle you with some stuff that you will eventually replace. Buy good stuff and cry once.
Don't rush in an buy until you have done all the research and listened to all the advice as the loudest voices will be pushing the poorest quality or the unsuitable choice .
Knowledge is the best thing to get first and the right tools come easily after that.
As far as loads go start with bullet selection , go for a controlled expansion game bullet that has a reputation for accuracy at longer ranges . Don't buy a lot at first just enough to experiment with as the gun may hate them and you have to try another .
Once you find something that the gun seems to like then tune the loads further .
Hodgdon powders are good as many are made by ADI and have less temp sensitivity. H4350 (Aussie AR 2209) is not a bad place to start for the 165 to 180 bullet in 30-06 . Use Hogdon load data and start a few grains under what they list and work up slowly . Don't go to a tight compressed charge .

I want to say years back we used to shoot 168 Barnes Tripleshok bullets with 4350 powder. 59.5-60.5 powder charge rings a bell. This was a factory rem 700 adl and had .750 groups at 100 yds. Chrono was right @ 2890-2900 fps. If you are gonna stay in the 400 yd range or less look no further.

i would start with sierra 165 gameking bullet. H4350 if you can get it and federal 210 primers. i start out .010 off the lands and increase the powder charge watching for pressure signs and group size at 100 yds. good luck. & let us know how it goes.

The distance you want to shoot,, that 165 gr. Sierra Game King will do everything you need it to do in a Rem. BDL 30/06. That said I would start with 55 grs. of IMR 4350 or H 4350 powder, work up from there and see where that takes you for accuracy. Don't rule out Reloader 17 or IMR 4451 powder for the 165 gr bullet. Good luck and watch for pressure signs when working up your load.
I use CCI BR2 Large Rifle primers or CCI 200 L.R. primers in my 06.

556, H4350 and 168 gr Berger with Remington brass and Federal 210M primers are sub-MOA at 200 yds in my grandson's 30-06. Noticed the better quality brass getting scarce locally, but luckily my son had a 100.

Lots of great choices out there for your intended utilization.
The 150g Nosler Ballistic Tip has deftly persuaded a lot of venison into the at freezer at our house when inside of 400 yards was my intended hunting range. My girl currently uses this load in her .30/06. I worked up to the norma book maximum of 60.0g Norma URP into 180g Nosler brass. It runs 3,015fps SD 7 over the magnetospeed in her Remington 783 with CCI BR-2.
I used the same load with Federal GMM primers in one of my .30/06 rifles to take 13 whitetail flawlessly until I caught the long range bug and switched bullets in 2014.
See what your local outdoor box stocks and pick a couple of those to try.

The distance you want to shoot,, that 165 gr. Sierra Game King will do everything you need it to do in a Rem. BDL 30/06. That said I would start with 55 grs. of IMR 4350 or H 4350 powder, work up from there and see where that takes you for accuracy. Don't rule out Reloader 17 or IMR 4451 powder for the 165 gr bullet. Good luck and watch for pressure signs when working up your load.
I use CCI BR2 Large Rifle primers or CCI 200 L.R. primers in my 06.

I agree start at 55 grains and work up. 59 grain is a stated max in my ADI manual who make the powder . Each rifle handles pressure slightly different so some gun / load combinations can take more powder than others .
With a new load working up slowly is the safest way .

Favorite load for years has been a 165 Partition in Remington or Federal brass over 57grs of IMR 4350 and a CCI 200 primer. My Dad's 700 lefty will keep them in 3/4"" at 100. My Mark X will shoot it around 1" at 200. As others have stated start low and work up. Buy a couple different reloading manuals for reference. Read and follow the process. Lots of good info in them.

Nosler Ballistic Tips are one of the best bullets for deer at your intended ranges. 165's will take deer with authority at those ranges and are almost universally accurate in most rifles.

I would start with H4350 and CCI BR 2 primers.

I am new and want suggestions on best hunting loads for deer out to 400 yards. I prefer 165-180 grain. I know every gun is different and to trial and error but where would y'all start first?
Hello
Everybody has too tell other people how perfect loads work. My suggestion is pick out
A brand of bullet an get that bullet reloading handbook all your answers will be in the handbook
NO 2 RIFLES SHOOT THE SAME
GOOD LUCK

In my 30-06's,the 168gr Nosler Ballistic Tip is my favorite.My rifles shoot it well with 58.0grs of Accurate or IMR 4350,58.5 or 59.0grs of H4350,59.5grs of Hunter or 55.5grs of Big Game.