New to me rifle and Optic

xFREDRICKx

Over the years I have had great rifles, Remington 700s (1980s versions), old Ruger and Mauser passed down from my grandfather, and a Winchester model 70 super grade. Glass was nothing great but good rifles. I recently just picked up a new Sauer 101 in 270 win and going along with a full German rifle thinking I would get some good German glass so I bought a Schmidt and Bender Klassik 6x42 (German model) 30mm tube. I have always just kept was on the rifles I had in the past or the new rifles I bought were more budget friendly so I just added pic rails and rings. With this elegant thing I would like to look for a solid mount and ring set that wouldn't take the look away. I really like the look of the spuhr hunting rings but they take a pic rail. Any solid two piece pic rails out there for a 700 LA blueprint? Or another solid quality option out there for mourning this thing? I do prefer aluminum mounts and bases.

Same on the talley. just put some a little 270wsm and they are solid but not overkill on a smaller frame rifle.

Hey,
I may be off track on what you are looking for but DNZ does offer aluminum pic rails. I prefer not to use pic rails unless I have to. I also use these mounts on several of my rifles and I do like one piece ring and mounts. I still go through my mounting, bedding, and lapping routine, although they claim you don't have to... On my son-in-law's Sauer 101, 270 we put the DNZ game reaper 30 mm long action low model number 26700. Here is a pic. They also make 2 piece ring mounts.... game reaper 2. I might have gone with the 2 piece in regard to aesthetics...
output_image1614447495186.jpgSW1M2.jpg
Nice rifle that 101. Shoots small without much work so far.
Tens :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.