New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

I managed to secure another box of CBB and played with COAL/CBTO measurements for the .30 Gibbs.

168 CBB on .30 Gibbs 1 of 2.jpg

168 CBB on .30 Gibbs 2 of 2.jpg

I am thinking out loud now..."cavity back" results in longer bullets for same weight (and material) or lighter bullet for same overall length. In either case the center of mass/gravity is moving forward. Does any of the ballistic apps handle the CBB bullets? I would just like to visualize the trajectory effect. Of course, best would be when @FEENIX and @Swamplord share their actual results.

tell you the truth... I'd like to see same bullet as a "NCB" (No Cavity Back) and see what it will weigh, (190 gr ? -200 gr ?)

the incisions on the nose of the bullet intrigue me much more than the hole in the back, I can imagine a 200 gr bullet with this profile and 3 incisions opening up like a sawblade & plowing through big game at 3200 fps ...

tell you the truth... I'd like to see same bullet as a "NCB" (No Cavity Back) and see what it will weigh, (190 gr ? -200 gr ?)

the incisions on the nose of the bullet intrigue me much more than the hole in the back, I can imagine a 200 gr bullet with this profile and 3 incisions opening up like a sawblade & plowing through big game at 3200 fps ...