New to me 6.5 Creedmoor

chav0_12

So my wife just bought me a slightly used Nosler M48 Liberty (I think, my research tells me that's what it is) in 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'm part of that crowd now. My questions are what bullet should I shoot out of this thing? I bought brass already(200 pieces),I have primers, pretty sure I have a powder that will work. I just can't decide what bullet to use or where the hell to find them at. I haven't picked up a scope for it yet but I'll be ordering a Leupold VX-5 3-15x44 as soon as Leupold makes one, so I have time to decide and scour the internet looking for bullets to shoot. Thanks for your replies.

Attachments

• 7E99E904-55A7-464E-9BE5-65B8E11E4FE5.jpeg
    7E99E904-55A7-464E-9BE5-65B8E11E4FE5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 356
I use Berger 130gr OTM Hybrid with either 43gr H4350 or IMR4451 41gr. Getting 2850 to 2900 fps. Work up your load starting lower. 43 gr H4350 is max in my gun. 43.3 showed definite pressure signs. Vihtavuori recently came out with N555 they say was developed specifically for 6.5 CM. Haven't tried yet but sitting on my bench. I also used FGM205M primers but these are small rifle not large.
Good luck and enjoy. I love mine.

I like the Bergers for accuracy in my CM. Either the 140 VLD or Elite Hunter.

Another great option are Hammer bullets. They are precision made mono bullets made right there in Montana, They are a tad expensive for target shooting but have a very good reputation for accuracy and top performance on game. They have a big following. The124G Hammer Hunter is very popular for 8 twist barrels. they are in stock too!

Another great option are Hammer bullets. They are precision made mono bullets made right there in Montana, They are a tad expensive for target shooting but have a very good reputation for accuracy and top performance on game. They have a big following. The124G Hammer Hunter is very popular for 8 twist barrels. they are in stock too!
Yeah I have some Hammers for a 6.5 Grendel and my 28 Nosler that I've yet to load. I was considering trying some Hammers for this rifle but I'm really not a huge fan of the price tag, they are comparable to all the other monos out there though. I might stop by and talk to Steve.

in 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'm part of that crowd now.
Bergers were definitely the most accurate in mine, also….specifically the 135gr Classic Hunter. Those shot consistently in the .3's from 200-500 yards with an average velocity of 2781 fps w/ H4350. I recently sold my 6.5cm on here and my 'man bun' seems to have disappeared…😐

Well guys I appreciate it. If I can somehow find some Bergers I'll give them a try. I did realize that I had some of the 130gr OTM Hybrids on my shelf so I might give those a go at some point. I ended up buying a box of the 124gr Hammer Hunters. Of course Steve there tells me to try the one powder I have very little of.

Recent Posts