New to me 112 bvss

skeeterdan175

Hello all I just acquired a savage 112 bvss that started out a 7 rem mag that has been reamed a 7 stw. My question is its a repeater but the mag well is too short and was wondering if there is a way to make it long enough to work as I plan on hunting with her in the fall in Wyoming. This is my first stw and am excited to play with it I've been eye balling them for years. Thanks for any help

Hello all I just acquired a savage 112 bvss that started out a 7 rem mag that has been reamed a 7 stw. My question is its a repeater but the mag well is too short and was wondering if there is a way to make it long enough to work as I plan on hunting with her in the fall in Wyoming. This is my first stw and am excited to play with it I've been eye balling them for years. Thanks for any help
Welcome. Savage action lengths are different than others. You may need to take this question over to the gunsmithing forum.

Thanks for the reply I did some looking at the action and the bottom of it isn't long enough so I'm stuck with a single shot unless I jump the bullet almost .400 and don't wanna do that but it's ok it will spend most of it's life on a range anyways

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts