New to LRH

.300WSM

New to this forum and i though to break in with my first post.
I'm from Az. My friend told me about this site. I am looking to build a .300WSM maybe you guys can help me and give me some info about somebody who does good jobs on building those rifles. I really like the .338 edge but i don't reload and the ammo is kind of pricey...I'm glad that i have joined this great forum with great info and a lot of gentelmens. btw i am new at Long Range Shooting.

Last edited:
Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

We've got a lot of good gunsmiths that hang out here. Try posting in the general forum about what you're wanting to get in the way of a new gun and you'll get a lot more answers than in this forum.

When you post you might indicate what you'll be hunting, the type of country and the ranges you be shooting at etc. etc. That'll make it easier to get the answers you need.

Good luck with you new build and let us know how it goes.

Evening all, I am new to the posting process for LRH. This is my first post, and it is: I am in the process of putting together an Excel spreadsheet to better know the ballistics of my loads. The problem at hand now is, with regards to stability, there seems to be a difference in SG ratings. For example, Don Millers stab. formula shows a difference from the Kabal one with . i.e., .257,117 gr. bullet , 2760 FPS,10 Twist with Bullet Length of 1.075. Miller shows an SG=1.76 and Kabal shows 1.54. On some loads the difference reflects Maximum, the other shows not stable. Your knowledge here would be greatly appreciated. By the way, this is 25-06 from Maine.

Evening all, I am new to the posting process for LRH. This is my first post, and it is: I am in the process of putting together an Excel spreadsheet to better know the ballistics of my loads. The problem at hand now is, with regards to stability, there seems to be a difference in SG ratings. For example, Don Millers stab. formula shows a difference from the Kabal one with . i.e., .257,117 gr. bullet , 2760 FPS,10 Twist with Bullet Length of 1.075. Miller shows an SG=1.76 and Kabal shows 1.54. On some loads the difference reflects Maximum, the other shows not stable. Your knowledge here would be greatly appreciated. By the way, this is 25-06 from Maine.

First post was a fail sorry you responded to a post from 2008 but its ok try reposting in the correct form start you own thread welcome

Glad to have you here. We have a lot of guys here that are experts on building these rifles, so there will be no shortage of info for you.

Welcome, glad to have you here. lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.