New to Louisville Shooting

duckhunter175

Gents,

Military brought me to Louisville area. Looking for Ranges that afford 0-600m shooting. I'm trying to get ready for a Coues deer hunt in AZ this fall.

I'd like to avoid Knob Creek unless is the only thing available.

Also- anyone that can recommend a quality gunsmith local to the area would be greatly appreciated. I've already had some cerakote applied by the guys at Kodiak Koating. They did a fantastic job and will do my Savage build when its complete.

Thanks!

You might check Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club at Borden, IN for a range. I have used Jeff Hankins of Hankins Custom Riles as a gunsmith and he did a good job for me on a rebarrel. He is located north of Lexington (Dry Ridge if memory is correct). Red Brush Range at Newburgh, IN has monthly tactical matches to 500 yards. A little far from Louisville but there are 600-1000 yard F class matches at Tullahoma, TN and Oak Ridge, TN.

Also, since you are in the military you might be able to shoot at Fort Knox, they have a range to 1000 yards but lately not much civilian activity there. Thanks for your service.

SCF- Thanks for the heads up on the local clubs and matches! I'll def be checking them out. Glad to hear that there are some within a decent drive.

I've been out to Knox and right now French Range is only open to 200m. I think they used to allow guys to shoot on Scott Mountain KD range (1000m) but I haven't seen anything about them opening that personally owned weapons.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.