New to long range shooting and reloading

CMP70306

Hi everyone as the title said im new to both long range shooting and reloading but have been hunting for almost 8 years(I'm 19) . Ive always had an intrest in shooting at range but just recently got a rifle with which i could. It is a new Winchester Model 70 in .300 Win Mag with a Nikon 4.5-14X40 scope with a Mildot reticle. So far i have been able to shoot milk jugs out to 600 yds with 180 gr Nosler Partitions but since they were so expensive and i was looking for something a bit flatter shooting i decided to start reloading and just got all the stuff yesterday. so far i have just been learning the basics but plan to get some loads together to try out when i get a chance to go to the range after christmas.

So far the only question i have is does anyone know a good starting load for the .300 Win Mag using Hornady 225 gr BTHP?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts