New to Long Range Hunting

nemike81

Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I am brand new to the long range world. I have previously focused my efforts in the archery world and have started to branch out. I will probably ask some really basic and silly questions so take it easy on me. I just picked up a Christensen Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC to begin this journey. A couple of upgrades already, Stocky's VG2 carbon stock and a trigger tech special. Currently running the Huskemaw Tactical 5-20X50; however, I may be swapping out to the NF 4-32x50 NX8.

Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I am brand new to the long range world. I have previously focused my efforts in the archery world and have started to branch out. I will probably ask some really basic and silly questions so take it easy on me. I just picked up a Christensen Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC to begin this journey. A couple of upgrades already, Stocky's VG2 carbon stock and a trigger tech special. Currently running the Huskemaw Tactical 5-20X50; however, I may be swapping out to the NF 4-32x50 NX8.
Welcome from SW Washington

Hello all,

Hello Mike there are no Silly questions here glad you found us welcome from Tennessee

Welcome from WV, enjoy your new hobby and ask away. The guys on here are great people and very knowledgeable about the long range hunting and shooting sports. BTW, starting out with good equipment like you have chosen, helps a lot.

Hello all,

Why are you switching scopes?

Why are you switching scopes?
I haven't fully decided if I'll switch or not. My thought was I want to learn as much as I can about long range hunting. Huskemaw's system is great if I want to simply dial a yardage with their custom turrets; however, I am looking forward to imputing data, barometric pressure, temp, elevation and using an MOA system. I'm sure I could still accomplish this with the yardage system and an accurate ballistics profile with the Huskemaw, just personal preference. Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about at this point.

Hello all,

Welcome from Mountain Home, Arkansas. I hope you find this site as helpful as I did. There's a lot of very knowledgeable people on here. Best Wishes moving forward!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.