New to Forum

dflyfish

Howdy,

Been hunting and fishing since i can remember. Mostly chase deer and elk with a bow now days, but have decided to learn more about long range shooting. have done basic reloading for my 22-250, 25-06, 270 and 300 ultra. 90% of my hunting has been under 200 yards so i have never had a need to improve a cartridge and or rifle. I picked up a Ruger precision 6.5 cm about 4 years ago but have yet to shoot it. plan on giving it a try soon.

im really interested in having a light weight (under 7 lbs) rifle built as i should draw a really good tag this fall. still undecided on caliber. so far i'm leaning towards 28 nosler as it could handle both deer and elk. if anyone has recently built something like this, i would appreciate a build list / recommendation. and or good smith on the west coast. im in N ca. i do have on 07 FFL so shipping things is not an issue.

Thanks @ShtrRdy

I really don't do much shooting these days. I would say I spend most of my time with a CZ 455 22lr full size trainer trying to hit clays at 300 yards. Pretty fun, but not a hunting application. Also enjoy shooting my bow around the house at fairly long ranges.

plan on shooting that 65 cm this week to get a feel for long range shooting. If I enjoy it, then try to pick up a built rifle and maybe a custom build after that.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts