New to forum from AK

Madeinak

I figured I might as well join. It's easier to ask your own questions then peice together the answer from other peoples posts. Anyways, I'm from Alaska born and raised. Anchorage area. Avid outdoorsman (hunting, fishing, hiking, rock climbing, and more recently LR shooting). My LR desire grew out of my desire to bag game like coyotes, foxes wolves, and the elusive lynx. Target shooting got me when I hit the target 15 out of 20 rounds at 725 yards, after that its all about seeing how far a can push it. My LR rifle is a .308 on a aics with nightforce optics. Not a 338 lapua but a nice round to learn on because of reloading costs. I have little or no experience distance shooting, the time I did hit it was a fluke (couldint see the shots on target so I was making random adjustments). My goal is to hit the target at 1200 yards...consistanly

Welcome to LongRangeHunting. Good luck with your 1200 yard goal but you might give some thought to upgrading from the 308 to something a little more "long range friendly". :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.