New to forum... Already need help with base choice for new rifle and scope...

I ordered a Warne one piece... now to see if it fits ( there are some ???s about the screw size) .. I just bought this rifle but it was manufactured at the end of 2019... This stuff is so confusing for a amateur like myself... Thank you to everyone who responded !

Warne are good too. I have on my .264 Savage 111F build. Did you call them and told exactly what you have? Sometimes if they do not have one that is particularly made for your model (or at least not designated as suitable, yet), if you take the hole measurements/distances, they might (?) be able to cross-reference an equivalent. Hopefully, what you ordered works for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thats what the guy at savage said.. The guy at Warne said Savage changed to 8-40 about 6 months ago... Both were very nice and accommodating but I will only know when the one I ordered comes in...

Now to try and get my hands on some 6.5 Creedmoor ammo.. My limited research is pointing e to the 143ELDX...
I would say it's probably drilled/tapped for 6-48 tpi.

Thats what the guy at savage said.. The guy at Warne said Savage changed to 8-40 about 6 months ago... Both were very nice and accommodating but I will only know when the one I ordered comes in...

Now to try and get my hands on some 6.5 Creedmoor ammo.. My limited research is pointing e to the 143ELDX...
"If" they did that's great. IIWY, I'd buy the steel Torx type screw and get some extras. If the rail fits, bed it.

Warne are good too. I have on my .264 Savage 111F build. Did you call them and told exactly what you have? Sometimes if they do not have one that is particularly made for your model (or at least not designated as suitable, yet), if you take the hole measurements/distances, they might (?) be able to cross-reference an equivalent. Hopefully, what you ordered works for you. Good luck and keep us posted.
I ordered what I thought was right late last night from Midway... The one I ordered was a 7666-20 moa which comes with the 6-48 screws... After calling Midway this morning and the customer service rep saying " I THINK" this is the right one , I started calling around... Finally ended up talking to Warne and a very nice guy named Sean that said it depends on when this rifle was made .. 6 months or newer use the 8-40 screws... So called Savage and the fellow there said ( using my serial number, that it was manufactured in late 2019. He said that 7666-20moa was the correct mount of ALL 110 High Country rifles... So we will see... FWIW , if it did need the 8-40 screws the Warne number is 7664-20moa.. Took me almost a whole day to get that info...

I ordered what I thought was right late last night from Midway... The one I ordered was a 7666-20 moa which comes with the 6-48 screws... After calling Midway this morning and the customer service rep saying " I THINK" this is the right one , I started calling around... Finally ended up talking to Warne and a very nice guy named Sean that said it depends on when this rifle was made .. 6 months or newer use the 8-40 screws... So called Savage and the fellow there said ( using my serial number, that it was manufactured in late 2019. He said that 7666-20moa was the correct mount of ALL 110 High Country rifles... So we will see... FWIW , if it did need the 8-40 screws the Warne number is 7664-20moa.. Took me almost a whole day to get that info...
Good on you, it'll be all worth it.

Welcome! I had the same one, but had a custom one built so I traded it in. I have a Savage 0 moa picatinny rail and regular size bolt handle if your interested. I didn't like the tactical one.

Hi, I'm new to this forum also!

I have a Savage High Country in 30-06 and went with the Warne Mountain Tech 20MOA base as well as Mountain Tech rings.

You can get on the Warne site and find the product numbers you need for a short action High Country.

I think Warne makes great products and the price is not the cheapest, but certainly reasonable.

Scope height is not such a big deal with the High Country because you can adjust the height of the Accustock.

If you look closely at the second photo, you will see that I bedded the mount with Acraglas because it wasn't quite level, when the base screws were torqued to spec. This is because the receiver is not perfect machined and the bottom of the scope base doesn't mate to it perfectly. I always put a small level on the scope base in multiple places to make sure it's not twisting. I doubt that step is actually necessary on a hunting rifle though.

Here is what my set-up looks like.

IMG-3688.jpg
IMG-3689.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.