New to forum... Already need help with base choice for new rifle and scope...

Hello all !!! New here, so if this post is in the wrong place, please excuse me. Just purchased a Savage 110 High Country in 6.5 Creedmoor... I also have a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5x25-50 on order with the Vortex pro rings (PRN 30),,, The gentleman at Euro Optics had no bases or advice for the correct bases ... This Savage , unlike the tactical 110 , doesn't have a picatinny rail from the factory... So I have to get bases OR a picatinny rail for it... I would prefer a two piece base to keep the weight down of an already heavier rifle. I know Weaver makes a two piece base, just not sure which would be the correct as there are many slightly different 110 savages available.. Can anyone please advise as to what would be the correct base/bases for this rifle and if I should go with a one or two piece base .... Thank you in advance...
Welcome to , LRH Forum.
Personally, I'm a 2 piece Bases fan. If your intended use is for hunting, the one piece rail can be cumbersome when trying to manually feed or eject brass or unload a live round and NOT ding it up, while the 2 piece offers plenty of room for those tasks.
If you are a Precision shooter, then a one piece.

Warne Bases are my "go-to's"
As already mentioned here, one piece offers more scope mounting flexibility and "may" be a more solid mounting platform (debatable).
I guess it more preference.

SC

Simple. TPS Products for high end. Warne for pretty darn good. I like their QD mounts.

I'm just getting started myself, and I ordered the EGW rail and Vortex Rings with 6 screws. I wanted to be sure the scope doesn't move lol I picked up an Athlon 8-34x56 (thanks for the suggestion @skipglo ), and I'm amazed at the clarity. Plus it adjusts in MIL, which I like. Using the reticle alone, zero at 100, you could shoot to 1100 without any adjustments.

Welcome to , LRH Forum.
Personally, I'm a 2 piece Bases fan. If your intended use is for hunting, the one piece rail can be cumbersome when trying to manually feed or eject brass or unload a live round and NOT ding it up, while the 2 piece offers plenty of room for those tasks.
If you are a Precision shooter, then a one piece.

Warne Bases are my "go-to's"
As already mentioned here, one piece offers more scope mounting flexibility and "may" be a more solid mounting platform (debatable).
I guess it more preference.

SC
Thank you !

Welcome to the forum! Always great to meet another 'Savage Guru'! Rock-Solid advice mentioned above. I see that you've already purchased rings, but I'll still offer this suggestion for your future reference/builds. I've used them on a couple Savage builds (as well as pic rails) and have been very pleased with them. Good luck and Have Fun!

I agree. All my guns have Talley mounts. Get the 20 MOA rail and don't look back.

Welcome to the forum.

If you want a Picatinny Rail setup, I highly recommend the EGW rail, they are very high quality and great prices.
I've had issues getting a good cheek weld with the EGW base and Vortex PMR rings without some kind of cheek riser on the stock, but each set-up is different.

Personally, I would go with the Talley aluminum one piece base and ring set up, much lighter and lower to the action, and I've never really had an issue with them fitting a scope to give good eye relief.

Welcome to the forum.

If you want a Picatinny Rail setup, I highly recommend the EGW rail, they are very high quality and great prices.
I've had issues getting a good cheek weld with the EGW base and Vortex PMR rings without some kind of cheek riser on the stock, but each set-up is different.

Personally, I would go with the Talley aluminum one piece base and ring set up, much lighter and lower to the action, and I've never really had an issue with them fitting a scope to give good eye relief.
Thank you !!

I ordered a Warne one piece... now to see if it fits ( there are some ???s about the screw size) .. I just bought this rifle but it was manufactured at the end of 2019... This stuff is so confusing for a amateur like myself... Thank you to everyone who responded !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.