New to forum... Already need help with base choice for new rifle and scope...

Welcome to the forum! Always great to meet another 'Savage Guru'! Rock-Solid advice mentioned above. I see that you've already purchased rings, but I'll still offer this suggestion for your future reference/builds. I've used them on a couple Savage builds (as well as pic rails) and have been very pleased with them. Good luck and Have Fun!

Thank you !!!

I'd definitely run a solid one piece 20 MOA rail. There are some good aluminum choices, but not the best over steel in high temp swing areas like were I live in Wyoming(120'F temp swings yearly, easy).
But Burris Signature Z rings are hard to beat for weight and quality.
I've used them for years without a letdown, even in my 7mmRM.
Think you may be WAY over scoped and be able to shed some weight on the scope though.
I and several of my friends can outshoot the 'Creeds capability's with a 10x.
Just sayin cause you got a High Country(not a light rifle) maybe look at a Athlon, they are very light for what they do, and very good glass.
Jmtcw

I'd definitely run a solid one piece 20 MOA rail. There are some good aluminum choices, but not the best over steel in high temp swing areas like were I live in Wyoming(120'F temp swings yearly, easy).
Never had any issues with aluminum rails esp. when bedded, I used to live in AZ, NM, and CA

But Burris Signature Z rings are hard to beat for weight and quality.
I've used them for years without a letdown, even in my 7mmRM.
Think you may be WAY over scoped and be able to shed some weight on the scope though.
I and several of my friends can outshoot the 'Creeds capability's with a 10x.
Just sayin cause you got a High Country(not a light rifle) maybe look at a Athlon, they are very light for what they do, and very good glass.
Jmtcw
Thank you!! I am getting older and need all the magnification I can get and that Vortex seemed to be a good fit ....Its a first focal plane scope so I can always turned down the magnification without comprising accuracy. And i agree that the 110 high country is on the heavy side but I prefer a heavy barreled rifle ... Keep in mind that we "still" hunt here (mostly over bean fields), so I will be in an elevated stand.... Thank you again. I agree with what you said, but my circumstances probably differ from some of you on here .

Thank you!! I am getting older and need all the magnification I can get and that Vortex seemed to be a good fit ....Its a first focal plane scope so I can always turned down the magnification without comprising accuracy. And i agree that the 110 high country is on the heavy side but I prefer a heavy barreled rifle ... Keep in mind that we "still" hunt here (mostly over bean fields), so I will be in an elevated stand.... Thank you again. I agree with what you said, but my circumstances probably differ from some of you on here .
I'm a beat up and going well used, sliding in @49. I want to save all the weight I can.
Just my opinion.
Welcome to LRHF, sir

Get a EGW HD rail and be sure you order any rail drilled for the proper screws. I'd go with a one piece rail. Most of the new Savage rifles are coming tapped for 8-40 screws if I'm not mistaken.

Hello all !!! New here, so if this post is in the wrong place, please excuse me. Just purchased a Savage 110 High Country in 6.5 Creedmoor... I also have a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5x25-50 on order with the Vortex pro rings (PRN 30),,, The gentleman at Euro Optics had no bases or advice for the correct bases ... This Savage , unlike the tactical 110 , doesn't have a picatinny rail from the factory... So I have to get bases OR a picatinny rail for it... I would prefer a two piece base to keep the weight down of an already heavier rifle. I know Weaver makes a two piece base, just not sure which would be the correct as there are many slightly different 110 savages available.. Can anyone please advise as to what would be the correct base/bases for this rifle and if I should go with a one or two piece base .... Thank you in advance...
checkout Leupold's Backcountry

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.