New to ELR shooting

Yes and you could also shoot down a power line if you were stupid enough to hang a target on it.
Make up your mind that (some people) hunt and shoot at those type places.
The area of PA ive been hunting for 70 years is criss crossed with many many miles of natural gas pipe lines.
Also very large power lines running across those hills.
And we use them.
Right you are! I shot a nice Back bear back in 1997 on a gas pipeline easement in Clearfied county. That was back when a local Kiln/Refractory Company used to let locals hunt their property. We had run of 400+ acres and often times, would see no others but our own hunting party on opening day! Ahhh, the Good 'ole days! All Posted now. 🙁🙁

Yes and you could also shoot down a power line if you were stupid enough to hang a target on it.
Make up your mind that (some people) hunt and shoot at those type places.
The area of PA ive been hunting for 70 years is criss crossed with many many miles of natural gas pipe lines.
Also very large power lines running across those hills.
And we use them.
If you are just talking about hunting a cross a pipeline it's ok. I thought you were talking about setting up a shooting range. There is a 50 foot utility easement with areal marker signs. You will see plains fly over from time to time to check the easement to make sure it's clear of any structure. We go on private and public property all the time to keep the easement clear. We have taken down Million dollar homes that were in our easement at the owner's expense. We do this to keep people safe. When people don't follow the rule people get hurt or worse killed. If you build a house or barn or whatever structure over the pipeline and if there is a gas leak do to corrosion or the line just breaks because the ground shifted how would you expect it to be fixed if something is built on top of it? I guess when the house blows up it would make my job more easy. We can just bulldoze the debris then start digging so we can make our repairs.

Not talking about setting up a permanent range, but for sure there are places a target of some type could be placed along the edge of the right of way well away from any above ground valves etc which in fact are very few anyway. Certainly if you do it where someone can see you, you will be apt to be told you cant.
Maybe even by some dude riding a bike, who of coarse would have every rite to do what he does.
As for the gas lines working their way to the surface, and being large enough to park 2 trucks in side by side,
i guess thats only in Texas where of coarse everything is larger, even the piles of BS. lol
The problem isnt the hunters, or an occaisional shooter looking for a good place to shoot long range, its the government, who is constantly attempting to control what we do on our own public land.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts