New to Coyote hunting

m249

I'm new to coyote hunting and need some help on how to get started. Some of the things that I would like to know are the tools of the trade and what things to look for when choosing a good stand location. I'm hoping to get access to some farm lands around my neck of the woods but need to know what to look for when I get to the woods.

basicly try to sit with a fence or treeline behind you so u break up your outline and blend in, i rly think camo is important. try to not do any extra walking around in the area that you dont have to do. also from what i've read and seen with my experiences trying calling, dont think that you not calling one in is a sign that you're necessarily doing something wrong. lots of times there just arent any around if you dont seee any come in, or maybe they came part of the way and you never saw em cuz they didnt come all the way, you never know. but basicly just go out and try to call, the classic rabbit distress is a good call to start with. i'd experiment with duration of blowing on the call and pauses in between. most say to blow on it for about 30 sec then wait 3-5 min and repeat and if you have lots of room to hunt then only spend about 25 min on a stand then walk to a different spotand try again.

Buy Randy Anderson's "Calling All Coyotes" DVD . He shows how to set up, what to look for etc., etc. It's entertaining and you can also pick up a lot of start up info.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.