New to ar's. Interested in a lefty

shawnb

Hi all. Im new to ar rifles and i see stag arms has a left handed non restricted in canada. Im very interested in the stag 10L 24" 6.5 creedmoor.

Anyone have any pointers for a future newb ar owner. Maintenance mainly i guess to keep everything happy.

Stag LH is really a lefty upper on a RH lower. Allows use of all the normal magazines on the market. At least this is the case for the "15" platform.

For a true LH mirror image, Rock River has those.

I'd likely go the route of a LH upper on a RH lower if I did a LH AR.

The one AR I built was done with all RH components.

I got a lefty Rock River, like it a lot. The biggest downfall to them is you can only use Rock River uppers because they are built different than a normal right handed AR.

idcwby

My understanding is the Rock River LH versions are true mirror image and that would explain having to use RR uppers on their lowers.

Others such as Stag use right hand lowers and left hand uppers, but their uppers aren't true mirror image LH.

I shoot lefty cause I'm left eye dominant. I've considered doing a LH AR next.

The bolt release is the only thing that Stag didn't switch on the left hand version.
It's nice shooting a lefty auto if your left handed because you don't get the occasional blast of gas back in your face.

idcwby

Buddy of mine is a lefty and he has a RRA LH 5.56. I'm not a lefty but I have shot his RRA LH and it works. I have tried it both left handed and right handed, Its works great as a lefty, the way it should, kind of weird using it right handed. You will not be disappointed with the RRA LH.

I'm a lefty and the best AR I own and one of my favorite rifles is the IWI Tavor in 5.56, 9mm and .300 blackout. I'm looking to purchase the Tavor 7 for 7.62x51. Neither are "long distance" rifles but within my range 600m and below, they're all I need for fully left handed operation and shell ejection to the left. And as a bull pup, you get the added benefit of a highly maneuverable and balanced rifle.

Hi all. Im new to ar rifles and i see stag arms has a left handed non restricted in canada. Im very interested in the stag 10L 24" 6.5 creedmoor.

Anyone have any pointers for a future newb ar owner. Maintenance mainly i guess to keep everything happy.

I just got my son's Stag LH 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor it has had some issues had to be sent back to Stag for headspace problems. It took awhile to get it back. They put a new bolt and an AGB in it but we are still trying to get it to shoot 1 MOA. I have some loads worked up I will try Monday. Good looking rifle just have to see what it likes. Unfortunately the LH handed choices are limited at best.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts