New titanium action on the market

Says the Mesa actions is made by crux, not tuebore. Crux also makes ti suppressors as well. I do know tuebore make actions available in ti, but they look vastly different that the unit in this conversation

This couldn't be anymore farther from the truth! The name of the action is "CRUX" not made by crux it is in fact made by Tuebor as confirmed by Matt at Tuebor and John at Mesa.

This couldn't be anymore farther from the truth! The name of the action is "CRUX" not made by crux it is in fact made by Tuebor as confirmed by Matt at Tuebor and John at Mesa.
I guess I should have asked John prior that response. I asked him about the action when it was first announced if there would be a rigby faced action coming, he said later on possibly. I have spoken to Tuebore abour their Ti raider action as well. These actions look nothing like the Tuebore unit. My mistake for thinking Crux & Crux must have been the same affiliation.

My experience building on exactly 1 is that the tenon print supplied was incorrect and incomplete. After some initial struggle getting a response from Mesa about the issue I was told essentially "you're doing it wrong, you don't know anything about gunsmithing and you don't know how to read a print."

The owner claimed to me that out of the "several hundred actions we've built" the headspaces all fall within 1-1.5 thousandths. When I said "great, and what is that nominal headspace number" he couldn't or wouldn't answer me and got rather combative and accusatory again.

There are other folks building Ti actions that are repeatable, well documented, less costly and more available. Lone Peak and Mack Bros come to mind first, both of them have proven to be extremely nice Ti receivers. I would suggest passing on this one.

I have two Mesa Crux ti actions built by two different smith, neither commented that they had any grief with the action. The mack bros unit does look legit tho!

Would have been a lot more exciting if it was a 338 Lapua sized or 375 Chey Tac action, the standard short and long action dept is pretty well taken care of by Rem 700 actions polished up a bit, still waiting .....

Pierce engineering has a .375 cheytac titanium action.
I think it's call to order but I've held one in my hand.

Pierce engineering has a .375 cheytac titanium action.
I think it's call to order but I've held one in my hand.

Yes sir, have a couple of builds in progress at Pierce Engineering, may even make the moose season in Sept.

Couple of identical twins built on Pierce actions, McMillan A5 Super Mag stocks and fast twist Rock Creek barrels chambered in 375 Mercenary and 400 Warlord

IMG_8965.JPG

Haha I may have held one of your.
If I understand it correctly the lone peak is still a 700 foot print correct? Lots of variation in options if this is ok to build large .338 like a lapua improved. Pierce has several lapua improved rifles on the standard ti 700 action with over 3,000 rounds down them no issue. That being said they also have a larger cheytac based action also.
Swamplord is one lucky guy. Lol
If anyone can get them done fast it's pierce they were done with my whole build in a few weeks. Longest wait was for the eh5.

My experience building on exactly 1 is that the tenon print supplied was incorrect and incomplete. After some initial struggle getting a response from Mesa about the issue I was told essentially "you're doing it wrong, you don't know anything about gunsmithing and you don't know how to read a print."

The owner claimed to me that out of the "several hundred actions we've built" the headspaces all fall within 1-1.5 thousandths. When I said "great, and what is that nominal headspace number" he couldn't or wouldn't answer me and got rather combative and accusatory again.

There are other folks building Ti actions that are repeatable, well documented, less costly and more available. Lone Peak and Mack Bros come to mind first, both of them have proven to be extremely nice Ti receivers. I would suggest passing on this one.
Ah yes there's always a ****ed off customer out there..
My experience with mesa Ti crux actions is far different, buy with confidence.
Great customer service BTW, loving my Ti Lapua action.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.